its in our DNA

I don't tell her what happened in my dream or should I say nightmare vision. She held me in her arms until we where both taken out of our thoughts by a knock on the labs door, turning the spiny chair to greet the person, y/n looks up to find a guilty looking Tony at the door. "Y/n someone's here for you" he states shyly which is weird for the infamous Tony Stark. I slowly get off of my girlfriends lap, allowing her to go get more information on the anonymous person. "Her and Nat want to meet you in the library" he says as he walks away with his head hung low as if he had been caught in the act. Why does Nat need to be there for their spontaneous visit? I shrug it off as y/n leaves me with nothing but a kiss on the cheek.
————————-
Y/N's pov
————————
I walk into the library a bit confused on why Tony's sudden change in mood. He had always been such a cold man toward me, from what I can remember that is, according to him and the rest of the avengers, I had amnesia when I was in the foster home, and because of this I couldn't remember anything about my past. That's when Tony adopted me. I run the tips of my fingers over the books as I walk past them. I see a flash of red hair, there's Natasha. I walk closer to her and see a blonde girl around my age stood next to Natasha. The blonde girls face drops. The girl then sits down, on one of the many lounge chairs, Nat then also sits on the seat next to her. "A red head, a blonde and a brunette walks into a bar" i say with a laugh. I sense a weird tension in the room as my face drops and I go quiet once again, taking note on their faces I also decide to sit down, leaving one space between me and the mysterious woman.

"Y/N this is yelena" Nat says before pausing "you've met her before you just can't remember" she then says a bit awkwardly

"Nice to meet you blondie" I say with a small smile before turning back to Nat

"Tony has been hiding things from you Y/N, we all have. Thing is you where in the red room, like me and yelena. Yelena is your twin sister. And I'm your older sister, not biologically but since you two where born." Nat says quietly

I stare at Nat blinking a few times trying to take it all in "what?" I say putting my head in my hands. I look at the blonde girl, she has the same nose, emerald eye colour and lips as me but those are common features for Russian women. Her hair and face shape is opposite to mine. She sports blonde hair and a round face whereas mine is different. "Your lying" I say as I stand up "hey no no y/n you don't get to walk away from this one, if you think we lie, we will go do a DNA test" Nat demands as she also stands up while grabbing my arm

"To the medbay I guess" I say sarcastically as the blonde, yelena stands up to follow me and Nat.
——-
Walking into the medbay, I look at Bruce and smile "not a concussion this time green giant" I say holding my hands up, he sighs comically "thank god for that, what's the problem ladies?" Bruce says with a smile "we need a DNA test" yelena says, a Russian accent, I turn to look at her, she's the same height as me, the same accent. Weird. She smiles at me kindly. I turn back to Bruce. He beckons us to follow him, Nat drags me over to the bed next to the one I was previously in, Wanda gives us a confused look, I shrug. As Bruce takes some blood from my right arm before moving to yelena and taking some of her blood, he takes both samples before turning away and doing his doctory stuff to them. "It'll take two days for results" he says to Nat "no we need them now, use Helen's tech you know that works for DNA. Bruce groans and waves her off as if to agree, he grabs some weird device and puts the samples in, half an hour later a result is shown on the screen, Bruce flips down his glasses and looks over it. "What's the diagnosis doc?" I say with a smirk "it's twins" Tony says, as he suddenly appears from behind me, he leans over to look at the screen.

Yelena looks over at me, I look at her and walk out, my head spinning from all of the lies and betrayal. I walk straight to my room and into my en-suite, I look in the mirror asking the question, who am I? Over and over in my head, I try to remember anything from before tony stark adopted me. Why cant I remember anything.

The next thing I know, I hear the door to my room open, I ignore it, then the door to the bathroom opens too, I can sense it's Wanda, I keep staring in the mirror. I feel her arms wrap around my waist, she turns my body so I am facing away from the mirror, that's when I realise I've been crying, my breath is shallow. She gently grabs the bottom of my chin and lifts it up a little to make me look at her. She wipes my tears and takes my hands, guiding me to the bed. "Cmon keep breathing for me, you can do it" she says quietly as we both sit down, I look at her and smile a little. "So wanna talk about whatever that was?" She says with a small smile.

"I don't know ask Natasha" I say coldly. "Fuck I'm sorry" i sigh "I don't know who I am. Or was." I look at the door and see Nat stood there also crying. She walks into the room, closing the door behind her. "Wanda could you go through her mind and push the memories forward?" She pleads "I don't want to hurt her" Wanda says quietly while walking over to meet Nat.
—————————————————
Hey dudes... i apologise for the massive delay in the update on the story, school and mental health have been kicking my ass and I haven't really had the motivation to do anything, upon reading the last chapter I realised it didn't make much sense so I went back and modified it a little so it makes tons more sense on what's happening. Thankyou for the patience and again sorry for the delay.
-
question of the chapter.
what would you guys think about y/n being nonbinary?