new start

in court :
"It seems we have came to an acceptable agreement on the topic of the younger agents in your task force haven't we agent fury?" Some old lawyer states, his full eyes scanning over the five teenagers. Wanda, Pietro, Kate, Yelena and Y/N had all been summoned to court on behalf of the people of the United States in the hopes that they will follow the rules that is the law. "From here on out any avenger under the age of 21 will be made to take part in a form of education" the judge stated before slamming his wooden gavel on the small sound board. Nick Fury quickly looks at the group and nods before returning to the judges podium and signing a legally binding document. more like signing our death sentences. All of the teenagers share a glance before leaving, cameras flash and news reporters and their big heavy cameras try to get in the groups faces, asking questions and making statements.

"Yelena, do you plan on going back to Russia?"

"Miss Bishop, is your mother still in jail?"

"Y/N are you planning on getting back in contact with Mr Stark?"

These questions where common and stupid, if they wanted answers they where talking to the wrong people, the group had signed an NDA a few months back after they had first been taken to court for the reckless behaviour that had landed them in this situation.
—-
flashback : y/ns pov
—-
we were bored, bored to the point where we could die, so we stole some of Tony's motorbikes he had upgraded with new tech, we rode up to the beach a few hours away and saw cliffs, I had the amazing idea to jump this one cliff on the bike, I was up front steering and Kate was on the back holding on for dear life, we had successfully jumped the cliff, after a few more jumps Kate decided she had been reckless enough for tonight, me on the other hand, I wasn't smart enough. I saw a higher jump and decided fuck it, it looked jumpable. The problem wasn't my jump the problem was the bike, whilst in mid air the bike decided to just stop meaning even if I did make the jump the bike would've just fell backwards off of the cliff. Moments later both me and the bike where in the water, thankfully everyone else was far away meaning the explosion following the accident didn't reach them, also meaning that I was left unconscious in the water after the explosion knocked me out. From what I was told everyone ran to me, Kate jumping in the water to get me before Wanda helped stitch the cut through my eyebrow up. We thought we would get away with it but no, someone near by had saw the explosion and called the police, that's how i ended up in the back of a cop car, my hands cuffed. And another mark on my criminal record. Enough said Natasha had bailed me out after Wanda had begged her to seeming she is my only responsible adult relative we know of. The state of New York had soon after filed a court hearing for every young avenger as they wanted us under observation, or as they said, they wanted us in school.
—-
end of flash back
—-
The car ride home was awkwardly silent until fury spoke up, "we have enrolled you in the best college in New York, don't fuck this up kids" he said with his signature stern look alike to one a disappointed parent would give.

Upon entering the avengers base we had all been sent into the meeting room where Steve, Natasha and Clint stood, arms crossed with papers laid on the table. "Sit down" Steve said and we quickly obliged. Wanda sat first followed by Pietro, yelena and Kate then me, each of us had the papers handed to us with a pen each. "Another NDA?" Pietro questioned jokingly, I look down at the paper and shake my head "no it's college courses dumbass" Kate looks at me and then Steve before looking at the sheet of paper.

"You guys have to enrol as soon as possible, look over what they have and choose what you want to study" Clint says before him, nat and Steve leave the room.

Pietro is the first one to scribble his answer down, he picks sports of course.

He is followed by Wanda who picks psychology.

Yelena picks the same as Wanda weirdly enough

Kate takes her time before choosing sports too

Which leaves me. I take my time looking over everything on the list before mindlessly scribbling down engineering.

We all leave the meeting room and go to my room to effectively panic about this rapid change. College
——
Before we know it we are packing our stuff to move into a house of our own, paid for by SHEILD. We need to be protected by anyone who may try and hurt us from the outside world after all we are avengers. Within a week of signing the papers we are sent to the college.

The first week was hell. Well it was for me at least. We where all known as the avengers kids, everyone wanted to know us, the rest of the group gained popularity instantly whereas I tried to just stay out of the spotlight.

After the week faded away, it was the weekend, instead of partying with all of the other new students we had decided to stay out of trouble and decorate the house, me and Wanda wanted alone time so we started on her room I was putting her posters on the walls while she was placing her little nick naks all over making the room her own, we had continuously been laughing and flirting throughout the time, I had discarded my hoodie on her bed a few minutes prior and she had been silent ever since, this made me a little confused, turning around I see her just staring at me "you okay love?" I say without thinking much about it, she smiles before striding over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist and slowly dragging me towards her bed. She flips us so she is on top straddling my waist and looking down at me, I smile up at her which in turn she initiates a heavy make-out session, this was our usual routine however today I wasn't feeling it as I usually would. She makes quick work of marking my neck, this is before I shift my body a little, she notices my discomfort in the situation and stops immediately. Maybe she read my mind or sensed my feelings "what's wrong my little bug?" She questions while moving off of me so I can focus "nothing I'm just tired wands" I mumble before standing up, she smiles sadly knowing that's not the problem but not wanting to push it she lets me go "get some sleep y/n/n" she insists before I close the door.

I am met with Kate coming out from the kitchen, a slice of pizza hanging out of her mouth, she takes one look at me and quickly eats the pizza and jogs over "what's wrong?" She nags following me as I attempt to ignore her.

It's not their fault any of this, I'm the one who got us stuck here, however ever since being here I have been struggling. It's a new place, new people, new everything. It's freaking me out. My mental health has been deteriorating faster than ever while the rest of the group lives a happy life as college students. Me and Wanda had been slowly drifting apart, Pietro is now friends with the boys on the football team, and in top of feeling like an outsider I have been noticing that my mental health has been getting worse, im always in the lab working on new tech, if not in the lab I'm sat in my room drowning out my thoughts with music blasting through my headphones, Kate has begged me to join one of the sporting teams she is apart of claiming it will help my depression and anxiety I went once and felt like an outsider.

I ignore Kate and go straight to my room grabbing my headphones as if out of habit and slamming my body onto my bed and passing out for the rest of the day.