Chapter 36

Everyone's in the cortex and Iris joined them because Joe told her what happened. Iris is trying to comfort her dad, while Caitlin's rubbing Liane's arm knowing she's hurting not just because of Wally, but also because of her and Barry. Barry says, "Cisco. Get the breach room ready." Cisco says, "Okay, for what?" Barry says, "I'm going to save Wally." Julian says, "How exactly are you going to do that?" Barry says, "I'm going back into the Speed Force." Joe says, "I'm just trying to wrap my mind around you going into the Speed Force again. Savitar said he was there for years. You said it was like being in space." Barry says, "I know." Joe says, "So, what are you going to do? You going to run in there and run around till you find him? It's endless." Barry says, "I know. And this is the only way to save Wally." Joe says, "Yeah, yeah, I just-- We need a plan. I--I... I don't want to lose both my sons." H.R. says, "Look, gang, I don't understand the Speed Force, but there are plenty of people in this room who do." Cisco says, "Am I correct in assuming there's a point coming?" H.R. says, "My point is why can't you see your knowledge to fashion some kind of safety precaution for young BA right here so that, while he's in the Speed Force, he doesn't get lost." Cisco says, "Oh, so you're saying I can just whip up some kind of inter-dimensional tether to just anchor him to the Universe?" H.R. says, "Yeah." Cisco says, "That's exactly what I can do." H.R. says, "Yeah! Now we're cooking with helium." Julian says, "Yes, and I can-- I can add a biological component that will measure his vitals when he's in the Speed Force." Caitlin says, "That's a great idea." H.R says, "Thank you, Caitlin." Caitlin says, "Because if we can monitor Barry's vitals, we'll know if they fluctuate, and we can pull him out." Jesse says, "You mean "pull us out." Yeah, if you're going in there to save Wally, so am I." Barry says, "Jesse, you're going to stay here." H.R. says, "Because if your father finds out you're lost in some negative world, the first person to get broken schnoz is me." Cisco says, "There's a negative world?" H.R. says, "Yeah, negative world." Cisco says, "Really? They have Super Mario on Earth-19?" H.R. says, "Oh, yeah, challenge me." Jesse walks up to Barry, and she says, "Barry, you need my help. Your shoulder is still broken." Barry says, "It's okay. It's almost healed." Jesse says, "No, look, I can do this." Barry says, "I know, but I need you to stay here. Keep this city safe while I'm gone. And this is something I have to do alone, okay?" Jesse softly says, "Fine." Barry nods and says, "Thank you." Jesse walks away and Cisco says, "Okay, let's go to work." As everyone walks away, Barry looks at Liane and says, "Can I talk to you?" Liane nods and softly says, "Yeah." They walk into the hallway and Barry says, "I'm going to find Wally. Whatever's holding him, whatever's keeping him trapped in there, I'm going to get him back." Liane nods and softly says, "Okay." Barry nods and softly says, "Okay." Barry looks down at Liane's hand and he says, "Liane... Did I lose you?" Liane doesn't answer and she walks away still pretty upset with Barry. Later, everyone's in the breach room and Cisco has the device in his hand and he says, "Okay. Here's winging it." Cisco places the device in Barry's emblem and places it on his chest. Joe says, "Winging it? Wait, what do you mean?" Cisco says, "Well, I mean, I don't really have a map of the Speed Force, so when I vibe Barry into it..." Barry says, "You have no idea where I'm going to land." Cisco says, "But the good news is, if he gets stuck on the wrong side of the tracks, now we can fish him out." Joe walks up to Barry and gives him a hug as does Iris. Barry looks at Liane and she says, "Good luck." Barry nods and says, "I love you, Liane." Liane softly says, "I love you, too." Barry turns to look at Cisco and Caitlin and he says, "Are we ready?" Caitlin says, "Good to go." Barry walks into the platform with Cisco who has his goggles on, and Cisco takes Barry into the Speed Force.

" Barry walks into the platform with Cisco who has his goggles on, and Cisco takes Barry into the Speed Force