Chapter 85

Liane walks into the pipeline to find Barry rubbing his hands and Liane says, "Hey, where's Nora?" Barry says, "I took her back to the future." Liane widens her eyes and says, "You took our daughter back to the future?" Barry says, "I didn't have any other choice." Liane says, "I? It's we, Barry. We. She's our daughter, not just yours." Barry says, "I know that." Liane says, "But you left her there anyway?" Barry says, "I can't trust her, Liane! That puts all of us in danger!" Liane says, "That's how you feel, Barry. What about asking how I feel?" Barry yells, "I didn't think I had to!" Liane sighs and says, "We should have made this decision together, Barry." Barry says, "From the way you're talking it sounds to me like you wanted her to stay." Liane says, "Of course I wanted her to stay, she made a mistake." Barry raises his voice, "Yeah, a mistake she kept from us for months." Liane says, "Can you really blame her, she just wanted to meet the dad she never knew and see the mom that she lost. Come on, Barry, you of all people should know how she's feeling. She watched me die, just like you did with your mom and the only person who could show her how to be a speedster has helped her. And I know, she should have told us, but come on Barry, how many times have you asked Thawne for help." Barry says, "This is different." Liane softly says, "It really isn't. I guess it's true what they say like father like daughter." Liane turns and walks away. Meanwhile with Nora, she's at Iron Heights sitting on the ground leaning against Thawne's cell with a heartbroken look. Nora says, "All those years without my father and you gave me a second chance. And now I've lost him all over again." Thawne says, "I failed you, Little Runner." Nora says, "No, this is my fault. I should've never lied to them about working with you." Thawne says, "Well, perhaps not." Nora sobs, "I screwed everything up. And now I can't even help them catch Cicada because my dad will know if I run into the Speed Force." Thawne says, "Mm-hmm. He most certainly will." Nora says, "Wait..." Nora stands up and faces Thawne and says, "Wait. You've run into the Speed Force hundreds of times. And my father, other speedsters, they never felt you coming. How did you do that? Thawne, tell me how you did it." Thawne says, "Nora." Nora raises her voice and says, "Tell me. Thawne!" Thawne says, "It's not for you." Nora says, "I need to see my parents. Please, if there is a way, I can go back in time to see them undetected, you have to tell me how." Thawne says, "I used to idolize your father. I wanted to be just like him. But that was not my fate. I was to be the reverse. Opposite of him in every way. So, instead of tapping into the Speed Force to access my powers... I created my own." Nora says, "You created your own Speed Force?" Thawne says, "Yes, I did." Nora says, "And I can access it to go back in time?" Thawne says, "That and more." Nora says, "Can you teach me how to use it?" Thawne says, "Well, I--I have to warn you, Nora. It's a little bit negative."