Chapter 5 - Dockyard Brawl!

(I don't own the art shown here, nor do any videos, music and gifs shown in here as well. RWBY belongs to the late Monty Oum. May his soul be in a better place, away from the inanity that befell his creation from his passing...)

Remnant's Providence HQ, within the Dragon Continent...

Third Person POV

Rex: "I'm sorry, what?"

Came the voice of the Nanite Hero, wanting to hear his boss right on what he said.

White Knight: "I'm not messing around here. We are starting our intelligence gathering within the Kingdom of Vale." He said. "I know you're not too keen on heading back this soon, Rex, but with what's going on outside the Kingdoms with the White Fang making rounds in and out of these Kingdoms, we need a way of securing intel. The only way to best do that is within a high-influence area of interest; in this case it's within one of the Four Kingdoms."

Rex let out a sigh. It's true that he had to return to Vale at one point or the other considering his return to Remnant, if meeting Team CRDL again was anything to say...

...it didn't mean he'd have to like it.

White Knight: "Six is already informed of the mission. With you being the one with the most intel on Remnant, especially within Vale, it's up to you in completing this mission for Providence, Rex." He said, earning a nod from the Nanite Hero.

Rex: "Alright, alright. I'll get it done, White Knight." He said. "Just stay alert in the events I need to contact you guys for backup in case something happens. I'll make the preparations to head out in about a week or so. If we're gonna make our move in Vale of all places, we're gonna need to stock up on Lien."

He said, making White Knight look at him curiously:

White Knight: "'Lien'? What is that, Rex?"

Rex: "Remnant's only currency. There is no U.S. Dollars, Chinese Yuan or even Euros in Remnant. With the right amount of Lien, we'd be able to secure just about anything." He said. "Besides, it will raise suspicion if we use any of our currency from Earth here in Remnant. So before we head out to Vale, we need to storm into a couple White Fang outposts to stock up on the Lien they've amassed."

White Knight: "And once we've got enough, you and Six can focus on getting intel and we'd focus on everything else whilst keeping contact with you on the inside, yes?"

Rex nods as he spoke:

Rex: "Yeah. As much as I don't like doing this, White Knight - we have little options on our ventures here without a stable amount of money, at the very least. So once we get the Lien stocked up, we hold off on taking more from the outposts unless necessary."

White Knight nods at that, fully understanding the whole issue.

With no other options to gather Lien, they are forced to commandeer them from the White Fang outposts they will find along the way - along with some gracious donations from the outer villages that are willing to give a meager amount of Lien for their troubles...

So long as they can provide, it wouldn't matter how small the payment was.

Money is money.

With that said, he watched Rex leave the Command Center with his given orders as White Knight promptly resumed his focus on making the necessary improvements to Providence's arsenal as well as his own armor's unfinished additions.

Rex is seen walking down the hallway, seeing that Agent Six waiting for him in the distance - who was dressed in his usual attire, and had his ever-stoic expression worn on his face.