7. (Lothlorien Pt.2)

I sat in the warm pool for some time and enjoyed the peace while the heat relaxed my tired muscles. I took my time to wash my hair with soap and added some rose oil to my skin. I left the water and dried off. I examined the wound on my arm and luckily it was only superficial but I did bind it quickly to keep it clean. I traded my traveling clothes for a light green gown with the white shoes that Celriana had left for me. My hair fell into loose curls as it dried. I sighed feeling physically the best I had in weeks.

Now, time to find the fellowship. As I neared the camp, I heard my companions speaking.

"Princeling, where is the lass? She has been with the Lady for quite some time. It is nearly time for nightly rest." I heard Gimili ask. Awe, the dwarf was concerned about me.

"She ventures back now, she will be here soon Master Dwarf." Legolas said, probably hearing my nearing steps. As he finished, I heard music starting in the main circles of trees. It was a song being sung throughout Lothlorien. My eyes started watering at the words for Mithrandir. I bowed my head and wished my own hopes of peace for our fallen friend along with my kin.

"A Lament for Gandalf." I heard Legolas say, just above a whisper, hearing their songs as well. I entered the clearing to the teary-eyed faces of the fellowship. I walked over to Legolas as a tear fell.

"Their words make it worse." I muttered as he wrapped his arms around me lightly. I hid my face in his shoulder like an elfling but he simply rubbed his hands up and down my back gently trying to comfort me.

"What do they say about him?" Merry asked. I know I wouldn't have the strength to tell the little hobbit. I personally can't handle their kind and endearing words right now.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me, for Maethriel, the grief is too close." He said looking down at me knowingly. Elves grieve differently given the fact we are immortal. Yes, we can die in battle, fade should our bonded pass away, or sail to the undying lands after a tragedy, but overall death is not a common occurrence. We deal with it much differently than any mortal being would.

"I bet you they don't mention his fireworks! Should be a verse about them." Sam started and I looked at the hobbit curiously. He then stood up to attempt a brief song of his own.

"The finest rockets ever seen: they burst in stars of blue and green or after thunder, silver showers falling like a rain of flowers. Oh, that doesn't do them justice by a long road." Sam sat down defeated. I released myself from Legolas' comforting embrace and walked to the hobbit.

"Sam that was a beautiful rhyme for our friend. We all pay respect as we can." I patted him on the shoulder gently.

"Thank you, Miss Mae, I'm sorry you didn't know him as well as the rest of us, but he was a fine wizard!" He looked up at me with a small cheeky smile only the hobbits could pull off.

"I have heard the tales of old of his mighty deeds. I've only known him in person for mere weeks but have come to love him nonetheless. Gandalf will be missed greatly by me." I said nodding before heading back to the middle of our camp.

"Get some rest all of you; these borders are well protected." Aragorn encouraged each of us. The hobbits were all tucked away in little cots with large feathered pillows and thick blankets, a luxury we have not had. Gimli was long asleep in an alcove against the trunk of the largest tree, Aragorn's things not far from him. Boromir, however, was sitting by a small trickling fountain by the third tree that bordered our space. He had distanced himself from all of us, even in a land of peace and safety. I sighed.

"I will show you our place to rest Mae. Come with me." Legolas said leading me to the opposite side of camp. Away from the men and snoring dwarf.

"The lady provided you and me a talon just above the camp." He said pointing up to a small platform and structure holding two doors.