XVIII

😗sorry for any mistakes

Dallas, TXFebruary 24th Monday

Dallas, TX
February 24th
Monday

"It's okay Pookies, you have to calm down," Jayda frowned, gently rubbing her best friend's back in hopes of soothing her. Mulan's right leg bounced up and down at a fast pace—keeping her brown eyes on the break room's newly painted black door while clenching her fist together in order to not snap.

Breathing slowly and counting down from fifty wasn't working for her at the moment. She was close to going back in the front of the shop and shoving all the gel nail polishes down Tweety's throat.

"I can't let you go back to work until you calm down a little," Jayda sighed after Mulan shrugged her hand off her shoulder. Jayda didn't know what to do or say at this juncture, she has never seen her best friend having a meltdown like this.

Mulan's eyes averted down to her apple watch after feeling it rapidly vibrate on her wrist. 'Birthgiver❤️‍🩹' caller ID stretched across the screen. She quickly reached her hand inside her uniform pants pocket for her, mashing her finger on the screen–accepting the facetime call.

The call connected, letting Paula's smiling facial expression appears on her screen "Hey—What's wrong wit' you?" She frowned, looking concerned now.

"Mommy this ho' doesn't know me. She really takin' me there and I've been givin' her more than one chance but she takin' my nice shit for granted now," Hot angry tears slipped from Mulan's eyes as she spoke, and Paula's eyes expanded at her daughter's words. "Like she really takin' this calm personality and tryna bully me but if I stomp her head in then I'ma be in the wrong right?" She ranted, driving her heart to beat fast than before.

"Oh lord," Paula made a yikes expression "What happened, Lala? I thought I told you to ignore dat chicken head little girl?" She sighed, moving around to go inside a quiet room because she was at work in the front.

"I do! But it's only so much I can take from her," Mulan justified. "Don't touch things on my desk, I repeat myself more than once but today she kept doin' it. She didn't ask either, she just took and messed up my whole order at my station and didn't have the respect to place things back in some type of order," She vented, getting more heated as she spoke about the situation.

To most people, it wasn't a serious situation but to Mulan, a person who has OCD, it was. Mulan hated when people touched things that she placed in a specific order without asking. She particularly hated when the person did things on purpose to trigger her.

It wasn't as if everyone in the shop didn't know about Mulan's OCD and how severe it could be. Everyone respected her boundaries–everyone besides Tweety who has had it put for Mulan since her first day at the salon.