Will You Marry Me? Part V

There was a moment of awkward silence between the two of them. It was taking a bit of time for the both of their brains to register what had just taken place. This wasn't real, right? This was just some elaborate fanfiction written by a teenage mutant ninja turtle in disguise, right? Hopefully. Because that turtle really needs to go to writing school or become a dead turtle on the side of the road. RIP turtle 2k17.

"I apologize," Levi began, "but you're the one that fell on top of me. This is not my fault." 

Eren's face flushed, "It's fine. Everything's just fine. It's not your fault. It's not even my fault. My shoe broke and this is just a terrible collection of circumstances. I understand. It's all fine. Completely fine." Even though Eren was saying this, it wasn't exactly how he was feeling. Eren didn't know what kind of shit he did in his past life but karma was certainly being a bitch to him now.

Eren carefully removed himself from Levi and sat down on the bench again. "My stupid shoe," he sighed and picked up the broken heel and removed the piece of trash (aka the shoe) from his foot.

"Are you okay?" Levi asked. "You didn't twist your ankle or anything when the shoe broke, right?" Aw, was Levi really concerned about him? That's cute. Get dat booty.

"I'm fine, it's all just dandy," Eren tried his best to keep his voice from shaking due to his embarrassment. He failed.

"I don't believe you," Levi's mouth tilted downwards, ever so slightly, and he stood up. He stood up only to kneel down in front of Eren. Levi was the Prince Charming to Eren's failed attempt at being Cinderella. He carefully examined Eren's foot (and ankle) to see if he was wounded. Meanwhile, Eren's paranoid self was freaking out. It's not possible for someone to be recognized by their feet, right? Levi doesn't have a foot fetish. He wouldn't recognize him, right? 

"Look, Levi, I am fine. Forget about it and we can go our separate ways," Eren stood up and tried to walk away. He failed. He ended up getting the heel on his other shoe caught in one of the cracks on the ground. He fell (again). It hurt like a bitch.

"For someone who wanted to marry me," Levi stared at the fallen Eren, "you really want to leave all of the sudden." Eren didn't have a good response to that. He just wanted to go home, take a bath, and forget that Hanji ever forced him to do this. Speaking of Hanji, where the fuck was Mikasa? Wouldn't she be summoned by the blood of Eren and enter over protective mother mode? She should've saved him from this nightmare a long time ago.

Before Eren could say another word (or even attempt to refute the statement he had no answer to) Levi picked him up off the ground (bridal style). He had done it with such grace, such beauty, such nonchalance that Eren didn't know what happened. It was only after Levi had walked halfway to the park's exit that Eren started moving around, kicking, punching, doing anything to try and earn himself the sweet release (from Levi's arms that is).

"What are you doing?! Put me down this instant!" he wailed.

"No," Levi replied, "I'm taking you to the hospital, doctor, or whatever first aid facility is closest. You get no say in the matter."

"I told you it was fine! Now let me go!" Levi showed no signs of putting Eren down. So, Eren tried bribery. "I'll kiss you if you put me down." Eren immediately regretted saying those words. He didn't intend to say them, it just sort of happened. He felt stupid. He cursed his brain, mouth, and tongue. He cursed Mikasa for not helping him and he cursed Hanji for making him dress like a girl. But, most of all, he cursed Levi for putting him down after he said the word 'kiss.'