Will You Be Mine?! Part V

Eren stared at the dead body of his deceased beloved. He watched as the body withered away and returned to its previous form - the wall. He stood up and turned to Levi. Tears filled Eren's eyes. He attempted to ignore the gaping hole left in his heart. It was too much for him.  

"How could you refuse both of us and fall for a wall, Erika, a wall. Are we so bad as candidates that you have to stoop so low as to love a wall?" Mikasa spoke. Eren refused to feel guilty. Wall-Senpai was dead because of them. He shouldn't let their words get to him. 

"Both of you were too absorbed in your own fight! You weren't really thinking about me. If you care that much about yourselves why don't you two marry each other!" Eren snapped. It didn't matter anymore what happened. He just wanted to be alone. Today had been a roller-coaster of emotions. 

Hanji grabbed Mikasa's arm and dragged her away. She was very unwilling to go, but Hanji was stronger. The two exited the room leaving Eren alone with Levi. Eren attempted to back away slowly while Levi was distracted at the scene Hanji and Mikasa were making, but he slipped on a banana peel and fell swiftly into Levi's arms. 

"You have such pretty eyes," Eren blurted allowed. He hadn't intended to say that but it was the truth. Eren tried to escape Levi's grasp. It was only an accidental fall, Levi shouldn't be clinging to him so tightly, but he was. He should've realized that Levi was named humanity's strongest for a reason. Eren wouldn't be able to escape, especially since he wasn't that strong in this female form. 

"I'm not going to let you run away that easily," Levi said. "I want to know why you won't accept me."

Eren blinked in confusion. Levi didn't accept Erika before so why the sudden change in heart? Did he already know that it was Eren the whole time? Should Eren tell him the truth about the situation? What would he do if he found out? Would Levi change his mind then?

"Don't you have a person that you like?" Eren asked.

"Are you an idiot?" Levi sighed. 

"You said you did at the amusement park. Did you give up on them so easily that you have to come back to me now?" Eren frowned. It was only reasonable to assume these things if the guy never made stuff clear in the first place. 

"Besides, I'm not even a girl...why would you be so interested anyway?" Eren mumbled without realizing. Crap. He was going to carry that fact to his grave and now he went and said it. Someone save this guy from his eternal stupidity. What was he supposed to do now?

Eren was stunned. It was perhaps the second time in his life that he witnessed a genuine facial expression on Levi's face. He was smiling. Levi, smiling. Was Eren going to die? Was this apocalypse? The world really was ending, wasn't it? That was the only reason this could be possible. 

"You're such an idiot," Levi said. "Did you think I was so stupid that I wouldn't know it was you? Eren?" Yes. Well, no, but yes. Eren was feeling confident in his abilities to act the role of Erika. Little did he know that he was an idiot and should probably crawl into a hole and live out the rest of his days in solitude because of his idiocy. 

Eren took this moment to release himself from Levi's grasp and run out of the room. He was embarrassed, in shock, and severely lacking in a will to live. He didn't want anything to do with anything anymore. He just wanted to throw himself into a titan's belly and die. He didn't know where he was going or why he was so shocked. He just ran...