Pt. 13

(This is how I imagine what the Neocams look like)

A/N: Another chapter, let's keep this ball rolling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As previously discussed, Ben and (y/n) were starting to feel something for one another but of course neither would say anything as they had a greater task at hand at the moment.

The Neocams informed the plumbers along with Ben and (y/n) of a crystal that was immune to their acid, a crystal that could help against the warlord but had consequences to its use. The Neocams told that this same crystal was used against them when their home was being taken. So it seemed the warlord had a crystal in possession, but did he know of its effects? There was no way to know for sure. So Ben, (y/n) and Rook were sent off to retrieve this crystal along with a member of the Neocamaleontids clan.

The member went by the name Pyx (pronounced pix), he told the three of a planet that the Neocams discovered which had the crystals on it. The ship took off on route to the planet, during the flight (y/n) looked into the crystal trying to find any valuable information on it. Which lead her to discover quite a bit about the jewel they were after once she finished her research.

A report that she had found detailed the properties of the gem, which she learned was called Aethronite and its side effects on the user. The report stated:

'Aethronite is a rare and powerful crystal that combines the mystical and energy-storing properties of two other crystals known as Etherealite and Flawedia. It is highly coveted for its ability to channel and amplify mystical energies, as well as its ability to store vast amounts of energy for use in powering advanced technology.

Aethronite has a unique appearance, with a translucent and iridescent quality that shimmers with a mix of colors such as blue, purple, and green. However, it also has a few drawbacks. It can release sudden bursts of intense energy at random intervals, posing a risk to anyone who comes into contact with it. Moreover, it is highly addictive, and prolonged exposure to its energy fields can lead to psychological and physical dependency.

The history and mythology of Aethronite is shrouded in mystery, and much of what is known about the crystal has been lost over time. It is believed to have been first discovered in a distant corner of the universe, and to have been the subject of intense study and experimentation by ancient civilizations.

Today, Aethronite is a highly sought-after resource, with various factions and organizations vying for control over its supply. Its energy-storing capabilities make it a valuable resource for powering advanced technology, while its mystical properties have led many to seek out its use in rituals and magic.

However, the dangers associated with Aethronite cannot be ignored. Its addictive properties and dangerous volatility make it a potentially deadly substance, and caution should be exercised when handling or using the crystal.'

(Y/n) had read this report out to both boys, whom looked baffled that she was able to find this information.

"What? You boys never did your homework before going on missions?" She taunted with a slight smirk, making Ben turn slightly pink and turn away before Rook spoke up. "I have never done "homework", it is something I am unfamiliar with. How do you complete this task?"

"I'll explain it to you another time, it's not that important Rook." She chuckled lightly at the blue alien. "Anyways, from what this report says, we need to be real careful, if not then we could end up in some serious trouble. So we need to limit our exposure to the Aethronite, perhaps we could put it into one of the collection buckets to reduce the exposure."

"That sounds like an excellent idea, we'll know we have found the crystal if the acid from our friend Pyx is unable to disintergrate the Aethronite."

"Right. Then we'll be able to use it in our battle against the warlord once we figure out how to properly use the energy from the crystal in some techno-weapon that can erase the side effects." Ben chimed in.

"I'm impressed Ben, you actually said something smart and not idiotic." Rook retorted.

"I do not say idiotic things!!"

(Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at the boys' banter, causing Ben to turn towards her his blush returning before coughing slightly. He caught a movement from his peripheral causing him to turn towards the window as he noticed a creature fly past his window.

"What the? What is that?"

"It seems we have company, Pyx you should strap into the seat." Rook said as he continues flying the ship until something knocks into the ship, rocking it harshly.

"Ugh..what the heck was that?" (Y/n) groaned, until the ship was hit again. Then a group of alien creatures, came straight towards the ship. "Plasmoids!" Pyx shouts. "You have to deal with them, they feed on energy and won't leave until there is no energy left!"

"Oh no, thats not good." Ben said.

"You think?!" (Y/n) shouted back as she undid her buckle and began to switch through her watch before selecting an alien, her body would change in a flash of red light as (y/n) now appeared as a Ultimate Vulpimancer or Wildmutt.

(Credits to the artist, I love this look)

Ben would then realize the severity of the situation as he too transformed, though he chose another creature who was known as Ultimate Feedback.

The two would go out onto the ship as they faced off against the creatures, whom latched on the hull of ship in a horde, ripping the outer layer of the ship as they try to feed on its energy

The two would go out onto the ship as they faced off against the creatures, whom latched on the hull of ship in a horde, ripping the outer layer of the ship as they try to feed on its energy. (Y/n) and Ben needed to handle this quickly and efficiently or before the damage done to the ship became irreversible and put their mission at jeopardy as well as their lives. The duo would make a plan as they charged towards the group of energy sucking aliens, the aliens would rush at the duo as well, their claws and sharp teeth dripping in salavation as they were very hungry and wanted to eat up the ship's power.

Will Ben and (y/n) win this battle? Or will they be stuck stranded in space, their ship drained of its energy reserves? What will happen next? Will the alien transforming, watch wielding duo make it out of this battle with nothing more than a couple of scratches?

Find out in the next chapter!😝

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for this chapter! What do you guys think of that ending? I'm obviously adding my own monsters and fantastical aspects into the book to keep it interesting. How do you guys feel about the direction that I'm taking the book? Hope you're still interested and loving this book.

~~~~~Deuces, my fallen angels~~~~~