Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past

It was a tremendous task, to step down from the car and face the moment, with no hope but a healthy dose of dread. An audacious task. Yet she managed somehow. Surviving was easy, something she knew, something familiar and something like a kin.

She was close to her destination. Really close. But she couldn't help the apprehension. Trust didn't come easily to her. And trusting someone like that, who made her feel uneasy was not something she could do. Yet she tried. She really tried. Not that it worked. Then she tried to be hopeful. At least that would give her some measure of peace. But again, being hopeful was not something she could do anymore. She lost so much and faced so much. So much that it even hurts to think something positive.

The foreigner was standing by the cliff in front of the hotel, hair flowing smoothly, a few strands falling in the grey eyes staring far below while he walked casually. Amaya almost stopped mid-step, something familiar nagged in the back of her mind, but she couldn't pinpoint for the life of her, nor she wished to waste her time in that manner. Idly, she noted that he was alone which stopped her heart for a moment.

What the hell was he planning now? She could feel the seed of doubt growing into a full blown plant as her heart thumped in her chest despite the feeling of dread that had hung on her since yesterday. But now she even felt her temper rising which she coiled it tightly around her, deciding to analyse the situation first rather than jumping headfirst into conclusion.

Squaring her shoulders with a deep breath, she walked to him with a purpose, stopped behind him, and folded her arms over her chest.

"Where are they?" Amaya asked as a way of greeting. Wasting her breath on pleasantries was not something she did, particularly not on someone she had serious doubts about.

There was a falter in the easy steps of the black head, a tilt in head before the man turned to face him. She didn't miss the satisfied look crossing those grey orbs while he observed her for another moment, rising her ire in the process.

Amaya raised her brow haughtily, foot tapping impatiently as she stared directly in his eyes for answer. She could strangle him for wasting her time in such useless manner of staring but she had to be patient, so she could get what she want, so she gain the upper hand.

"I thought we should chat before your reunion." The cheeky answer came with that fake smile on the evil face.

Anger flared with intensity and she glared at the idiot for his audacity. Here she was dying to find any piece of information and he was toying with her like it was a matter of prank.

"Don't you dare play games with me, Mister. You won't like my retaliation." Amaya gritted her teeth, taking a threatening step forward, furious eyes burning with a desire to burn the world.

"Games," Ethan raised a challenging brow as if he knew something that she didn't. "That's more of your style than mine, assassin. I simply..." A pause accompanied a slow malicious smile that raised her hair. "...do."

"And what did you do?" Amaya asked in an exaggerated wonder voice, throwing her arms in air in frustration. What could he do? Other than making her life more miserable than it already was.

The eerie smile grew into evil grin. "Nothing." Came the simple answer threatening to destroy the last bit of sanity Amaya was hanging onto.

She narrowed her eyes at him, challenging him to elaborate so she could have the valid reason to kill him and be done with this whole colossal mistake. She shouldn't have trusted this man for any reason whatsoever.

"The thing is," Ethan said. "what I should do, this depends on when you will actually speak the truth."

That threw her off guard, her expression morphing into that of utmost baffle before she held onto her anger as a weapon in this fight.