Chapter 4 - Weird Relations

Sitting passively, his eyes flicked from Archie to Ethan and vise versa. A kind of distress was pulling him deep in the pit and he kept on listening their arguments, initiated by his own initial denial.

"Look, dude, am not coming and that means am not coming." Ethan said, exasperation lining his voice on being trapped between two of his friends, as usual.

"I'll pack you and take away with me" Archie declared, tired of Ethan's stubbornness.

Ashley chuckled at his remarks and sat upright. An amused smile covered his face as Archie glared him.

"Why so desperate, smartie?" Ashley taunted. He knew all this was linked to those girl but why were they effecting Archie so much was kinda boggling.

"Shut it" Archie roared, not liking the way things were going.

"Its all because of you, just you" Archie said pointing finger at Ashley who chuckled at his aggressive reaction.

After all, it wasn't every day that Archie lose his cool.

"Tell me, man, when you can spend your time with those girls, without us then why can't you go with camping without us?" Ashley questioned in a teasing tone, he knew it was the right time to play with Archie. He wouldn't get this opportunity everytime. Besides, he wanted this particular answer too.

"Not you. Just Ethan, would do. But he is so damn linked to you just.... just like twins are." Archie spat, throwing daggers towards Ethan who was holding his head with a pout.

"He was your friend before I came in scene, right?" Ashley said teasing him further, even though his head was bursting he wasn't going to let go this opportunity.

"And yet he is sticking to me more than you. That means I am right and you wrong. Try to learn something from him, Archie." Ashley said with a proud grin and egoistic attitude which pissed Archie further.

"Don't boost your ego, Ash. We both, In fact, we all knows how wrong you are." Archie said rolling his eyes

"We disagree and we ain't coming for camping either." Ashley declared leaning back and twirling the small device in-between his fingers.

"Freaking no" Archie yelled "you have to come"

Ashley tried to ignore Archie but his loud voice was intensifying his already severe headache.

"Why the heck do you want to live in forest, Archie?" Ashley groaned, feeling his head throbbing due to the excruciating loudness "Isn't this damn place, enough? That now you want us to live like primitive humans?"

"It'll be fun, Ash." Archie defended, so damn wanting them to accompany. He was desperate.

"Then go, who is stopping you?" Ashley groaned pressing his forehead with his fingers.

"Am I speaking greek here?" Archie said furious that they weren't understanding his plight "I can't go alone"

"Why not?" Ashley asked with a tired sigh. Why wasn't Archie agreeing, it was beyond his grasp. Why he wanted to go, at first place, was beyond his understanding too.

Wasn't it enough that they were living like people of fifty years back that now Archie wanted them to live like people of centuries back?

"Am here with my so called friends and I can't go for two nights without my so called friends. That's damn why you guys have to come." Archie shouted in a taunting and tired voice

"Fine" Ashley grumbled, feeling his head pounding a bit too much to bear. He might've never agreed if not for this killing headache.

"Fine?" Archie questioned, surprised that Ashley agreed without further arguments. It wasn't so of Ash.