Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother

Feeling the wind and taking in the sight of enticing forest was a moment Amelia wanted to be frozen in. The smile lingered on her face and calmness dazzled in her body as she sat in an open area Café. The best thing being, it was on the edge of a cliff.

The aroma of coffee mingled with the fresh breeze was intoxicating to another level. Amelia was already in love with the place.

"Where lost, darling?" Ava questioned sliding beside her with her glass of juice. An understanding smile on her face, knowing Amelia too well.

Amelia breathed in the air, closing her eyes briefly to relish the moment. Turning to Ava, she gave a dazzling smile.

"In the never ending beauty of nature, baby" Amelia chirped taking hold of her coffee. Nature was her weakness and she could never have enough of it.

"Cool" Ava chuckled. She had already guessed the reply. Taking a sip of her juice, she herself gazed the nature surrounding them. The tops of trees covered with thin layer of dense fog were captivating.

"I got some nice clicks, have a look" Amelia said sipping on her coffee and pulling out the small camera. Swiping through some functions, she allowed a hologram of scenery to appear.

Ava leaned on, her eyes taking the scenery with sharp gaze. There were different clicks of nature in different views, each adding a layer of sophistication to existing beauty. She slid through the images only to stop at the picture where trees occupied the corner and hazy sky appeared on other corner with a bird gliding over top of hill.

"Breathtaking" Ava commented in awe of the job done by Amelia. She knew Amelia was best in her work and the nature had now provided her more opportunities to showcase her talent in much more brilliance that was missing before. She had realized Amelia must've done something unique when after whole day of photography and admiring, she had slept first thing on entering their hotel, that too on couch.

"Love you, baby" Amelia grinned with pride and relaxed in her chair.  Doing her best was her speciality but a reassurance from Ava was a certificate she succeeded in doing her best.

"What's this, Amy?" Ava shrieked, startling Amelia who sat up straight immediately

Confused, Amelia ran her eyes towards the picture and saw a picture of dirt with some fallen leaves forming a faded alphabet, A. A smile came on her lips and she relaxed back.

"Baby, I might be professional photographer but photography is my passion so I won't always capture beauty that'll earn me money and some crazy fans." Amelia answered feeling the breeze ruffling her hair, she enjoyed the deadly valley spread beyond. "Money is just a piece of paper but this is Real Joy"

Ava sighed and soon a smile formed on her lips. She swiped through other pictures enjoying the beauty, so beautifully captured. She got so lost that she missed Amelia walking away.

Amelia walked on the far corner close to forest and away from a little crowd plus artificial lights of café. Spreading her arms, she closed her eyes feeling the breeze hugging her. Her sleeveless shirt and shorts exposed her to cold wind but she had already used the lotion to keep away the cold, a new invention to avoid warm clothes.

Her little moment of peace broke by the grumbling. Opening her eyes, she looked around and found the back of a guy in a jeans and expensive overcoat. Deciding to ignore him, she turned her head away when she heard him speaking.

"A cursed place. Such a hell of trees and coldness. Who'll like to live here? So alive and terrifying. As if calling me." Amelia frowned hearing the whispers full of disdain and contradiction.