Chapter 16 - Liability

"I don't appreciate surprises."

Sun had forgot to rise and dense clouds were amassed on the infinite sky. The chill in the wind was considerably increased and the brooding figure seemed to enhance it ten fold.

Samay did not mind weather but people were not his favourite. This certain person, however, was making him squirm in fear rather than annoyance. The anger seeping in his chilling words had broken the records of Audra. The looming height was only adding to the uninvited nervousness.

"Next time, I shall be well informed of any plan you intend to put in action. You must've my nod too." The words were added in deep voice. "This is a partnership, remember it."

"It wasn't a big deal but if you wish so," Audra shrugged," then fine with me."

Samay finally let go off the breath, letting his tensed muscles relax as the shady man in hood walked away. His attention turned to thoughtful Audra as they kept on standing near the trees that had fallen and died out after a tornado, three miles away from their hideout. They did not want to meet anyone, not even their helper, near their hideout. Particularly after it was exposed to Abhay and Piya, after their failed attempt to kill the two.

"We should be wary of this person for all the visible reasons.," Samay spoke.

Audra jerked to him and Samay could feel his burning holes in him through the hood covering his face. His head tilted slightly and he flicked his hood away, locking the dark eyes at his unfazed face.

"What do you mean?" His voice was calm and low but Samay was no fool.

"Exactly what you heard and think I implied." Samay narrowed his eyes accusing him in silence.

"We should not double cross that man," he added raising his finger to the empty air where their so called spy stood a moment before.

"You're scared." An amused smile came on Audra face but Samay did feel the heat of anger and irritation as a side effect of this meeting.

"For all the right reasons."

Audra barked a piercing laughter in the hollow wind. Samay gritted his teeth.

"He is a human, Samay. Learn to be more brave if you want revenge," Audra said waiving off his warning.

"That's why he got under your skin, eh?" Samay spat.

"Don't be ridiculous." Audra looked away, rolling his eyes.

"Stating the facts."

"Then correct them first. Am going to win this time. With you or without you. Choice is yours." Audra gave a pointy look and marched off hiding his face in darkness.

Samay watched him going with pity and agony. If only he could leave the monster, he created years back. The monster who would not listen to him anymore but was his helplessness. The mistake being the reason he was able to see beyond  the surface.

Their revenge demanded death of each and every reincarnated elite of past. The man, however, seemed to respect one girl and care for the other in a much different way.

Samay shook his head and gazed the empty fog. - "They still have white power and we already have a liability now. Odds are not in your favour, Audra. You'll destroy me along with you."