Chapter 21 - Search for Facts

Ava was being weird. But he couldn't understand why. Everything was fine between them but suddenly Ava would lose focus while being with him.

Did that mean somehow she wasn't happy with him? Or something was upsetting her about their relationship? But why was it so?

At first, he thought Ava needed time and he was invading her privacy a bit too much. One step at a time seemed nice. But even after all his efforts, Ava was giving him mixed reactions. She would be happy in first half and lost in other half of their time which made him wonder where he was going wrong.

He thought he might not be upto her expectations but it wasn't him who turned down a planned romantic night just out of nowhere with a pretext of fatigue.

He just couldn't understand what was going in Ava mind and she wasn't explaining anything either.

"Archie," Ava called.

With a sigh, Archie placed the comb back on its place and walked out of the room that was more like their dressing room now.

Ava walked to him with the same worried expression that would occasionally made its appearance on her face. Her hands were fidgeting with the cuff of her blue shirt.

"Anything wrong?" Archie asked, his heart clenched in a fist.

Tell the truth Ava. Just this time. Please. He wasn't liking this distance and he wanted to be clear on their relationship.

"Wonderful, here you two are," Ashley said on getting out of his former room.

"I forwarded you address of Tanushree Anbolkar. Consider it your data and go at her place." Ashley said looking at Archie.

He could never stop his attitude. Archie rolled his eyes.

"Why ain't you accompanying?" Ava asked hastily.

Archie jerked to her surprised. He thought she might be happy at their alone time, after and before going to the woman's house of course.

"Got some work to do." Ashley shrugged.

"And where's Amy?" Ava asked desperately.

Archie looked away upset. She should've been happy. Not this much worried to be with him.

"I'm not her servant," Ashley muttered angrily.

Looking at Ava worried face, Ashley sighed.

"She is on her... Date." Ashley said grimacing at the last word.

"Am leaving now. Just be sure to inform us everything. Or better record the conversation..." Ashley paused. "Her conversation not yours. Am not in mood for cheesy things." Ashley added.

Ava looked away while Archie looked at her sadly. She didn't seem happy with him. Their relationship wasn't going anywhere. It seemed they might not be together for long.

Ashley walked away muttering something under his breath. Ava turned to Archie and opened her mouth to say something.

"Who knows what might be store there for us." Archie said turning on his heels and reaching out for exit. His words holding double meaning as a dull ache rose in his chest.

__________

There was a lot of distance to cover. But she was sure of her win by now. Even though Dhruv was trying but he was far behind her. She continued scaling the mountain, her gaze focused on her goal.

As the top was within her reach, a smile appeared on her face and she tossed herself over the rough top. Laying down, she stared the cloudy sky with heavy breaths and huge smile.