Chapter 12 - Copper Glow

So I haven't published in three weeks... I apologize but life has really not been giving a break. The schedule I planned wasn't working out so I decided to get ahead on writing chapters before starting to update. So excited to say, chapters will be published every Monday starting March 13th! This chapter is an early update as a peace offering :)

Hope you enjoy!

***

Katsuki

The shitty nerd, Deku, lost his fight. Serves him right tryna compete against one of the strongest.

The shithead managed to make IcyHot use his flames though. An endurance battle was something I expected but didn't realize until late that the nerd was tryna help save the bastard.

IcyHot had it coming. With how he was over using his ice side, his endurance was withering. As much as I hate admitting it, he would've lost if he didn't use it. But at the cost of Deku's arms.

The shithead's quirk really is bothering.

Borrowed quirk my ass. It's impossible to transfer quirks. Everyone knows that.

The next match was Four Eyes against Tangerine (stupid Yumi).

It's obvious what her main move is going to be. His mufflers were made of metal; all she has to do is clog them and he can't use his speed.

So when he holds zooms past, holding her by the arms and pushing her towards the barrier, I want to scream out why she's being stupid.

But, like I thought, she blocks his mufflers and he halts just two seconds before she crosses the barrier.

It is only for a split second but I see her metal flicker orange before she encases metal all around Four Eyes. It might've been my imagination but the color is more than just a trick of the light.

With the verbal confirmation from Midnight Sensei and the loser of the match, Tangerine (stupidly cool Yumi) is declared the winner.

Majority of the class is celebrating, cheering with too wide smiles and too loud hoorahs for her win. Some are sympathetic to the Class President's loss. But she isn't smiling.

She stares at her hands in shell shock, her shoulders shaking with every shuddering breath.

Something is wrong. I can see it as clear as the blue sky overhead.

I don't dare say anything though.

I can't. Not without exposing my shitty weakness (my care for her wellbeing) out in the open.

So I press my lips into a finer line and furrow my brows as she disappears into the darkness of the tunnel with her current shaken frame.

I get up, heading to prep myself for the next match. I'm going against Shitty Hair anyway, it should be an easy win if I go on the defense until the strain from keeping his quirk intact weakens him. Then all I gotta do is go all out and overpower his stupid hardening.

After all quirks are just like the muscles in our bodies.

But before I get to my match, I should massage my forearm. It'll get too sore if I keep overworkin' them-

"Bakago."

The freakin' hell.

"What?!" I snap, turning to find the stupid Carrot-head staring at my frame with no emotion.

And ya know what? Her impassive expression is pissin' me off more than her shitty smirk.

"Nothing. I just wanted to wish you good luck for the next match. Kirishima-kun is a strong opponent."