Witchment Enrichment

With the constant requests for premonitions, quidditch practise and the private lessons with Starrett, Bagsy once again found herself with more activities than she could manage. Not to mention that, every few nights, her dreams were plagued by visions of floating rocks, trippy illusions, and a mirror that showed her something she never wanted to see again.

Mezrielda, unlike Bagsy, wasn't constantly bothered with polite requests for predictions. Instead, she was graced with demands to leave the school to avoid spreading 'bloody mouth-ness' throughout the student body. For once both of them looked like zombies in the morning as they tried to ignore the badgering from other students.

'I have an idea,' a confident voice said to Bagsy one morning as she and Mezrielda were worked their way silently through porridge.

Slowly, like an owl, Bagsy turned to look at Tod. 'Huh?'

'I came to get permission from Nevis and Kat to write a story about them and about being transgender. Nevis wasn't too keen on being in the spotlight, but Kat was all for it. It'll make a great story.'

'Cool,' Bagsy drawled, missing her porridge as she tried to scoop it up and eating air instead.

'Be gone, Tod,' Mezrielda grumbled, hunched over her breakfast like an dragon protecting the last of its stash.

Tod breezed on, 'I figured that to really make this issue pop, I could begin a premonition column.'

Bagsy blinked at him slowly, the feeling of life tingling in her fingers as words began to make sense and the world moved at a more comprehensible pace. 'A premonition column?'

'Yes. A horoscope, to be specific, provided by none other than our resident seer.'

'Who?'

Mezrielda sneered. 'He's talking about you, Bagsy.' Lifting her head up she glared properly at Tod. 'Don't tell me you believe in that nonsense, too?'

'No,' Tod scoffed. 'But my readers will.'

'Hey!' Bagsy protested. 'I can see the future. Sometimes. How else did I predict Primrose's word?'

Mezrielda folded her arms. 'A fluke with an explanation, I'm sure.'

Bagsy racked her brain. 'What about Nevis? I told him his name would become what he dreamed of it, and it did!'

Mezrielda scowled at her, entirely unconvinced. 'Only after he specifically asked you if you saw anything about his name in his future. You could have predicted anything, and it would have seemed to come true.'

Tod waved his hand dismissively. 'Yes, yes, you're so very observant and logical. Can I finish my point?'

Mezrielda stood up, her nose in the air. 'Clearly, I'm not welcome here. I'll see you in the nook, Bagsy,' she said tersely before leaving. Bagsy noticed a number of glares and concerned whispers rise as Mezrielda walked out of the hall.

Tod rolled his eyes. 'As I was saying you could write this horoscope every few weeks for the paper. I'd get loads of readers, and any time one of those pesky students asks you for a premonition you can simply refer them to Witchment Enrichment. Sounds like a plan?' Excitedly, Tod held his hand out.

Bagsy looked at his hand in thought. 'It would be nice not to have to answer all those questions every single day.' She decided that, yes, it was a rather good idea, and gave Tod's hand a shake.

'Brilliant. Bring me the first horoscope as soon as you can. See you.' Tod turned on his heel and hurried to a waiting Hamley.

Eager to get all the requests for future-vision off her back, Bagsy spent the Tuesday morning's free period scribbling out a horoscope. She worked through the twelve signs, trying her best to let whatever magic she had guide her in the correct direction. When she didn't quite finish in the first free period of the day, she was relieved to remember she had one in the evening. The only downside was that, unlike her morning free period, Bagsy shared her evening one with Mezrielda, who had Arithmancy on Tuesday mornings. Bagsy liked Mezrielda being around, but Mezrielda didn't like Bagsy working with premonitions.