Perfectly Fine

Bagsy thought the second episode went swimmingly. She was back in her robe, Three having removed her make-up and costume, and was walking with a spring in her step to the exit.

Everything was perfectly fine.

As she entered the castle and looked at the familiar stonework, gothic arches, and patrolling ghosts floating through walls, a small set of claps rose around her. A group of Gryffindors were applauding her as she walked by.

'Best episode yet!' one of them called, rushing forwards with a notebook. 'Can you sign this? Please!'

'Sure.' Bagsy happily scrawled her name onto it and waving pleasantly at the on-watchers. She progressed, smiling kindly at the other students who either congratulated her on her amazing performance, asked for a premonition, or wanted something signed.

'Is Fang that good looking in person?' a small Ravenclaw asked.

Bagsy laughed. 'I'm sure you'd find him as charming in person as you do on the wizard wireless. But don't forget, now, he is still a vampire.'

The Ravenclaw nodded, star struck, before one of his friends pulled him away with a rolling of their eyes.

Without a care in the world, Bagsy sat down in the library near the entrance. She got out her Charms homework, filling out the worksheet animatedly. Ten minutes later, someone joined her.

'You had me worried!' Mezrielda growled, leaning over Bagsy who was merrily sat on a very comfy chair.

'Oh, hello, Mezrielda,' Bagsy greeted. 'What did you think of the episode?'

'What did I-? It was awful!'

'Oh, that's a shame. I had hoped you would have enjoyed it.'

'Enjoyed it? Bagsy, what are you on about?'

There was a long pause as Bagsy looked up at Mezrielda.

'Bagsy, you're not acting normally,' Mezrielda said slowly, moving back and holding her hands anxiously in front of herself.

'No, I'm not,' Bagsy realised, feeling as though she'd been trying to force a buckle closed and it had only just popped through correctly. 'I feel weird.' She furrowed her brown and rubbing a hand against her head. The weirdest thing was that her robes weren't sitting right on her shoulder, as if something was catching against her back.

'Why are you sitting here?' Mezrielda asked, gesturing to the library nook that was far on the other side of the room.

She looked up, past the towering walls made entirely of books and past the floating tomes. She saw, at the other end of the library, the bookshelf that hid their nook.

Why wasn't she sitting over there?

'I don't know,' Bagsy said, packing her stuff away before moving towards their spot. Mezrielda followed in concerned silence.

Settling in the nook, worry finally washed over Bagsy as the numbness that had desensitised her mind faded. 'I found some stuff,' she said urgently as Mezrielda sat down opposite her, regarding her as if she were a ticking time-bomb.

'What did you find?'

Bagsy pulled her jumper down to look at her left shoulder and let out a relieved sigh. Three had left the plaster in place. She carefully peeled it off.

'Pleasant,' Mezrielda intoned sarcastically.

Bagsy pulled the piece of paper she'd retrieved out. 'I made it into the whispering room.'

Mezrielda's eyes widened. 'You did it, then? You cast a spell? That's... astounding. You should be proud.'

Bagsy grimaced. 'I think I may have permanently damaged my arm, but yes–' She faltered, looking at her right arm. A deep frown creased her face.