Prologue

"Chris!" The man hurriedly follow the shadow in front of him, afraid that he'll lose sight of her. She took big strides as she tries to shake him off.

"CHRIS!" Finally having enough of being ignored, he ran in front of her, blocking her way and forcing her to halt.

"..." She shifted her gaze towards the lake, avoiding eye contact with him. The lake was shining brightly as it took on the reflection of the beautiful full moon.

"Chris! Please listen to me!" Taking hold of her tiny and narrow shoulders, he shook her gently, desperate to get her attention. However, she was in no mood whatsoever so hear him out. All she wants to do at this moment was to be in her room, alone, so she could think properly. She raised her hands and grabbed his arm, throwing him off of her. Despite her tiny body, she was strong enough to overpower an average male. But she didn't notice that while she was busy throwing him, he stuff a package into her bag.

After being thrown, the man pushed his body off the floor and into a kneeling stance.

"Please, I know I'm wrong... please give me another chance... please..." Tears of sadness filled his eyes to the brim. Finally, she turned, facing him. She bit her lower lips, trying to control herself before start to talk.

"What makes you think you deserve another chance?" Her low pitch voice pierced his heart when he heard it.

"I love you too much, I cannot lose you! Everything I did is for our future! You must believe me!"

Starting from a small giggle, it evolved into a big laughter. Even though she was laughing, tears could seen in her eyes. She wiped away the tears before it rolls down her cheeks and stabilized herself.

"For our future?"

"Y-"

"No, you're wrong, you ruin our future. You should've never done that." She interrupted him before he could answer. The sadness in her eyes turned into hatred. Fire of rage could be seen clearly in her red eyes.

"Leave." She spat through her white, sparkly teeth. He flinched and faced down towards the floor.

"I'll come find you another day... when you're calmer..." He stood up and dusted off the dirt on his knees before turning his back on her. Before he left, he look back one last time before disappearing into the dark.

Chris turned towards the lake, hoping to calm herself down by being near the beautiful, sparkly lake. She gave a big sigh and sat down with her arms around her knees. She remembered John, the guy whom claimed to love her. She gritted her teeth and punched the floor out of anger. She made a very big mistake. She should have never trusted him, she should have never introduce him to her family, and most of all, she should have never loved him. It was a typical love story, they met, they fell in love, they broke up and now he wants to reconcile with her. So where did it went wrong? She closed her eyes, remembering the body on the concrete floor, lying motionlessly under a big puddle of blood. She remembered not being able to move from where she was standing. Tears formed in her eyes and dripped on the floor, the complete silence is no more.

"D-dad?" She recognized the shirt, it was the one she bought for her dad from her very first pay check. Her tears kept flowing. Even when the paramedics arrived and retrieved the body, she couldn't take a step from where she was.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU BROUGHT HIM HOME! YOU KILLED DAD!" Standing in front of the emergency room where the doctor announced her dad dead a few minutes ago, her sister started shouting at Chris with tears and mucus all over her face. She couldn't retaliate, she couldn't say it was not her fault. Sure, she did not kill her own dad but she introduced the murderer to him. She knew John was obsessed with her, she knew her dad opposed to their relationship. Many times, as a joke, John would say he would kill her dad if he opposed to their engagement, she treated it as a joke.

No, she knew there was some seriousness in his tone, but she wanted a happy life so she overlooked a lot of things.

'We could finally be together'. This was the message John sent her an hour before she saw the dead body. At that time, she did not know what he meant.

She knelt down and wept while getting abused physically and verbally by her sister.

"Dad... I'm sorry..." Tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at her reflection from the lake. She looked quite similar to her dad, as many may say. Her heart was aching. At that moment, she remembered what her sister once said.

"You should have been the one who died. Not dad. Not anyone. You." That was the last word she said before walking away. Chris was strong, both physically and mentally, however, at this point, she decided on something no one would think she would have done. She had everything with her; her luggage when she left home, bags and work related items. She walk into the lake, step by step, slowly and gently. Ripples were created, the image of the moon disappeared instantly. When the water reached her neck, she stop for a moment. Praying silently, she hoped and wished for the best for her family that was grieving. The moon was shining brighter than ever. With that, she entered the water and submerged herself. Bubbles formed on the surface of the water before disappearing.

This is my first Hakuoki fanfic. Hope you'll like it. This is just a little introduction about the OC.

Disclaimer: I don't own any Hakuoki characters but i do have my own OC which is the main character.