Name calling

I woke up to the noise of wooden katana, smashing into each other every few seconds. It seems like I fell asleep after crying too much yesterday.

I can't believe I broke down in front of people I met for the first time yesterday... and who knew they were hiding such a big secret that wasn't even written in history books?

I wasn't a history fanatic but I know how it goes and honestly, I'm not pleased with a sudden monster appearance.

"Should we wake her up?" I hear whispers coming from outside my room. I sat straight up and started grooming my hair with a comb while the shadows on my door screen debates. A small light shining on the ground gradually grew bigger as the door opens, revealing Heisuke and Shinpachi, the perverts that peeks on girls sleeping.

"Peeking on sleeping girls is not practised by any gentleman." I stood up calmly and glared at them.

"E-Eh? Erm... no, we were just trying to wake you up..." Heisuke was flustered for a second before returning to his meek approach.

"Do you need anything?" I asked while scanning through my bags, trying to find presentable clothes to wear.

"Breakfast's ready so come on." Shinpachi said quickly before walking away. I prepared myself by changing into a white chiffon top and a maroon mini skirt. I decided to put light brown contacts today.

When I enter the room full of man, the first reaction I got was a big sigh from Hijikata.

"Cover up a little... you're a girl!" He shook his head. Ignoring his comment, I went to sit beside Heisuke, since he seemed to be around my age. A perfect Japanese style breakfast was served in front of me.

"Oh, by the way, we still do not know your name." Kondou-san started asking me questions to lighten up the awkward atmosphere that was slowly over taking the room.

"Chris. My name is Chris. I'm currently a makeup artist but I have a lot of experience with other jobs too." I picked up the chopsticks and started grabbing the food in front of me.

"What's a makeup artist?" Heisuke asked while trying to steal Shinpachi's food.

"I help girls become pretty by applying makeup on them. Sort of like magic." I smirked when Heiskue failed terribly and was hit on the head, letting out a yelp.

"How old are you?" Souji asked while adding salt to his plain rice.

"18. I've completed my studies so in case you're thinking I'm skipping school to work, that's not the truth." They have a look of confusion on their face. I sighed and decided to summarize it.

"Maybe girls this period don't have much education but I'm not like them so don't you dare look down on me. I'm known for having a pretty face and a feisty attitude. Introduction done." I put my chopsticks down as I finish my meal.

"I see... you sure have a pretty face." Shinpachi eyed me. Oh please... isn't he like so much older than me?