Mistakes

"Nice to meet you, I hope you will have a very good, good time here." Yeah, have a good time before you die jerk. I smiled gently to him. I then remembered I have to tell Shinpachi about the pregnancy.

"Shinpa-" I was cut off by him.

"Chris, I have to ask you a difficult question... and erm..." He breathed in and out to compose himself.

"Are you a spy?" Wait... HUH?! Great, the first thing that comes out from his mouth after not seeing me for a few days straight. What a surprise I'm getting...

"Why would you think that?" I asked. His eyes went to Itou and back for just one second. And guess what, a second is enough.

"You slimy fox. What tales have you been telling to them?!" I confronted Itou. He smiled and replied calmly.

"Oh my, what do we have here? You're revealing that you're a spy by you acting so anxious. " What a fox! He's only been here for a few minutes and this happens!

"Talk about yourself. The reason you would come here... I can't think of any but to create chaos in the Shinsengumi. After all, there is no way your heart lies here." His eyes widened a little before squinting at me. Yeah, I'm a threat to you aren't I? Surprise bitch!

"Chris! Stop!" Heisuke stood in between us, protecting Itou.

"Heisuke! Don't tell me you believe him too?!" I was fuming mad. After all I do for them, they doubt me?!

"Well, it is suspicious how you know the Choshu was meeting at Ikeda Inn and all..." He said hesitantly. One word. Wow. I'm speechless.

"Hijikata-san, do you believe that I'm a spy? I told you I'll do everything to help before right?" He didn't answered.

"Shinpachi!" He's my last hope. I looked him in the eye, begging him to believe in me but he turned his eyes away from mine. Huh... this is the man I love... I guess I chose the wrong man to believe in...

Tears started to fall from my eyes while I felt wronged. Fine, if everyone doesn't believe me, I'd rather be a spy than be humiliated here! I walked towards the entrance, which was also where Itou and his followers were.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, grinning like a sly fox. The sight of him makes me want to hurl.

"Away from disgusting bugs like you." He grabbed my wrist, not allowing me to move.

"Oh my, running away after getting caught?" He signalled his guys to catch me but I'm not going to let him have it so easy. I flunked him away and kicked his followers. Souji stood in front of me to block me.

"Even you don't believe me too?"

"It doesn't matter, just prove yourself innocent" So he don't! I looked at all the captains, they all were shunning me. I was so mad I kicked Itou's followers to revent my anger.

"Stop it Chris." Shinpachi spoke. Why do I even care about their lives if they were ruining it themselves... for the first time, I felt hopeless.

I just want to get out right now. I ran towards the entrance but more of Itou's followers tried to stop me. Of course, they weren't around my skill level so they were easily beaten.

"I want her unconscious." Itou cruelly said. I looked at Shinpachi, giving him the "Aren't you going to stop him?" look. He looked towards the floor, biting his lips. That when my heart sunk like a rock... no... Like titanic, the ship.

I didn't realise but one of the guys took the chance and hit full force on my stomach. Oh no! Shit!

I kneeled down after the impact and held my stomach in agony.

"Shinpachi..." I tried one last time calling out to him. He seemed affected seeing I got hit so maybe he'll help me. Even though tears were in his eyes, he showed no attempt to save me, no, both me and our baby. The pain became unbearable as though a rib cracked in me. I panted hard and finally fell on the ground.

"What is this... acting?" One of the followers scorned at me and kicks my stomach once again.

"Urkk! No..." I was crying on the floor in total agony with pain from my body and my heart.

"What's going on?" Chizuru-chan peeked in and when she saw me, she ran towards me, only to be stopped by Itou the bastard.

"Chris! CHRIS!" Ah, finally... someone who is worried about me...

"Are you a spy too?" Itou asked her.

"What are you talking about?!" She screamed and tried to get him to let go. I took the short knife from my thigh and threw it at Itou. Within seconds, she was freed. She ran towards me, holding my hand.

"Don't make a big deal, she won't die from a kick like that, look at the damage she did to my followers." Itou glared at me.

"She's a girl and further-" I stopped her. I knew what she was going to say but there was no meaning in it anymore. The baby was created from our love but now, the love that was once here was no more so keeping the baby was not fair to it nor me.

"Last chance Shinpachi, help me." I looked at him, face full of tears. He hesitated but after being shot a look from Itou, he looked away.

"You loved me huh... bullshit." I guess my blissful times were over. The pain hit me and I groaned while clinging to Chizuru-chan's clothes.

"Help her here!" Chizuru-chan shouted but none of the men believes that I, the skilful girl, will be in this state after just two kicks.

"Sorry Chris, but I will have to say it." I opened my eyes from the pain and wanted to stop her but the pain was just too excruciating for me to do anything else besides groaning.

"How could you do this to a pregnant woman?!" She was furious for me.

"W-Wait a minute... did you just say... pregnant?" Shinpachi asked. Chizuru nodded her head. That's when he came closer and wanted to hug me with an oval shape mouth hanging.

"GO AWAY! DON'T TOUCH ME! I HATE YOU I HATE YOU! YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME SO WHY... don't... show... kindn..." My strength was gradually leaving me.

"Blood!" Chizuru exclaimed as the blood stained my white dress. So I'm having a miscarriage huh... the last thing I remembered was Shinpachi holding me in his arms, looking very worried.

"Go...to hell..." Was the last words I said before I fainted.

Hi guys~ sorry i didn't updated for so long! I have my reasons and it is mixed up with happiness and anger so let's just skip the anger part. So here's the reasons. I recently got a puppy. I just finished my exams. I'm preparing for overseas trip (Hong Kong and Vietnam). I suck at resume writing.

So anyways, i hope you guys won't kill me for this chapter! And please, R&R!