Poem

By the time I got back, it was already evening. I was walking back to my room when I overheard Hijikata-san's conversation. Take note, I wasn't eavesdropping, they just don't speak softly to prevent people from hearing.

"The Choshu bastards are definitely up to something..." Hijikata-san spit out his words like how a snake spit venom.

"But we do not have evidence nor any idea what they are planning to do..." This voice... this belongs to Sannan-san. I sat down by the door, deliberately making a big thud sound.

"Who's there?!" Hijikata opened the door immediately. I wave to him with a big smile and walk inside the room without their consent.

"You know, you should really include Kondou-san in this too... he is the commander of Shinsengumi isn't he?" I sat down beside Sannan-san.

"He doesn't need to know too much of the details. He just needs to be how he always was." Hijikata-san frowned at me.

"Because you want to protect him?" I asked while smiling at the both of them. I change my expression within seconds, right now, I had a serious expression on.

"This isn't protecting him at all. You're depriving him from experience to judge the situation properly, which is something a leader needs to have." Hijikata-san glared at me.

"What do you know?! I'll protect him no matter what!" I snickered at his words.

"What's so funny?" Hijikata-san was fuming since I interrupted their conversation and insulted his determination to protect Kondou-san. I could ignore all of this and let them die however, I had already developed feelings, not romantic feelings, for most of them, especially Kondou-san, who is like my father.

"You'll kill him. You can't help him..." He look at me in confusion. "Kondou-san or Shinsengumi. Choose one." That would be the same decision he will have to make in the future.

"What do you mean? Shinsengumi is here because of Kondou-san so no matter which one I choose, I'll be protecting both." He look proud of his own answer.

"You're wrong. It's because of your confidence that Kondou-san will die." He furrowed his brows when he heard that.

"What do you mean?" He asked while doubting me. I stood up and walk out, ready to stuff myself with dinner.

"What do you mean?!" Urghh! So persistent...

"You of all people should know." I said coldly. Before I could walk out, he grab me by my shoulder and spun me around to face him. During this time, some of the members came to inform us for dinner.

"Let go." I said when the other members arrived and saw us.

"Tell me." Alright, you asked for it.

"Now let's talk about one of your poems that I admired a lot out of all the other weird ones." I smiled at him. The others heard what I said and was waiting for the poem to come out from my mouth while preparing their laughter.