Omurice

"Hah~ that was cooling~" Heisuke stretch his arms.

I was quite tired, they had a lot of stamina and my little body just cannot keep up. I went to take a quick shower before changing into a simple oversized t-shirt and a shorts ending at my thigh.

"Chris, dinner is ready." I heard Shinpachi outside the door, calling for me. I immediately open the door and hug him. He was shock by my actions but panicked when he thought I wasn't wearing anything on the bottom.

"Here." I lift up my shirt so that he can see the shorts I'm wearing.

"Put it back down! Wear something that covers everything!" He covers his eyes with his hands, face red as a cherry tomato. I giggled.

"Come on, I'm hungry!" I grab his arms and ran towards the room where everyone is.

"Chris!" Hijikata starts nagging at me again, thinking that I wasn't wearing any at my bottom. I show him my shorts like how I did with Shinpachi. They should be more open! Why do I always get scolded when they are the unfashionable ones... I grumbled as I rub the spot on my head which Hijikata-san smack on with his fist. Talk about being a gentleman. I grab the chopsticks and begin to eat. When I put the vegetables in my mouth, I winced.

"Ewwwwww! Too salty!" I held my tongue out in disgust. All the others laugh at my action.

"Hey, don't complain, if not, make your own dinner." Seems like Souji was the one who cooked it. I mean, everyone else seems to agree with me. He's a terrible cook...

I stood up and walk towards the kitchen. I looked around to find ingredients.

What can I make from these ingredients? I pondered while looking at the ingredients I found. I've been cooking food with seasoning prepared all my live and now I've got no idea how to start from scratch... great...

I walk back to my room and started to dig my bag. I left home so it make sense that I would have brought some food with me... Let's see... snacks... snacks... ketchup... mayonnaise... gum... other food... thank god I brought ketchup!

Wait... why do I have ketchup in my bag? Oh right! I took it with me in packets when I go for fast food restaurants but don't finish it. Thank god for my bad habit~ an idea pop up in my mind.

I ran to the kitchen and took a bowl of rice for standby. I fried minced chicken and garlic with a little bit of oil before pouring rice into it. Then, I squeeze out ketchup from the packets into the rice and seasoned it with salt. I cooked an omelette to top it. I took a bite. Hmmm~ this is food! I made a huge amount since I was very hungry. When I return to the room, I saw them grimace at the food but still trying to finish it. They were barely even one quarter done. They saw my omurice and look at me curiously. I sat down and took a big bite purposely in front of Souji. He look doubtful of my red omurice. All the guys were attracted to my omurice however, I guess they were afraid of the colour. Do they not have any dishes that are red in colour?

"Chris, can I have a bite?" Ohh... seems like Heisuke finally surrendered and caved in. I took a big spoonful of the omurice and put it in his mouth. At first, he seemed scared, however, as he chew, his expression brightens.

"This is delicious!" He exclaimed. Others looked doubtful but since Heisuke said it was delicious, it must be. I gave each of them a huge spoonful of omurice and they were surprise by my cooking. Well... technically, it was not my recipe however, I did do the cooking...

While I was debating with myself whether on I should take credit, the guys scoop lots of my dinner into their bowl.

"Hey!" I shouted at them. That was my dinner! I glared at them however, they had already finished my omurice for me. I threw my spoon at Shinpachi, whom ate the most.

"Hahaha, sorry sorry... but I was hungry~" He smiled foolishly.

"And I wasn't?!"

"I'll treat you so something next time we go out okay?"

"No backing out." He nodded. I'm so going to get something expensive! Hijikata-san cleared his throat.

"C-could you make us some too?" He looks embarrassed while looking around, eyes darting around the room. I giggled. I went to the kitchen to make some more omurice.

"That looks like poison to me." Souji appeared behind me when I was done with cooking. Can't be honest eh? Well... can't blame him... history says that he contracted tuberculosis, thus affecting his sense of taste.

"Here." I pushed a huge bowl of omurice to him. He looked confused.

"This one has more seasonings." I said before walking off with everyone else's portions. I heard him chuckle. After dinner, I laid on my futon, thinking about Souji... Even though we are not close, I don't want him to die. When I first read the history on Shinsengumi, I admired the whole bunch of them. I thought: it would be great if they were still alive and kicking. But if I helped them, I would mess up history. Well, there's the rasetsu part not included however... I drifted off the dreamland as time passes.

Here's another part!

Vote if you liked it!