Sign of a forthcoming battle

It was the beginning of November and starting of the month is filled with intense atmosphere. The captains were sitting in the common hall discussing and guessing what is going to happen next. Among them, Kondou-san wasn't there to listen.

Under the Shogun's order, Kondou-san, Takeda, Yamazaki and other Shinsengumi members totalling up to nine were sent to Hiroshima Han with the Bakufu Chief Inspector, Nagai Naomune. From the little details that I could gather, it seems like they were going to have a conference talk with the Choshu commanders.

"Ahh... what is going to happen to us if the Choshu bastards decided to go ahead with the rebellion?" Heisuke sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"Of course we will fight back against them!" Harada-san answered while raising his brows at Heisuke like he had just asked a pretty obvious and stupid question.

"Of course you guys will fight, however, what are the chances of winning the whole battle?" I asked, trying to get their opinion even though I already know of the ending.

My question sent everyone into deep thoughts and for a moment, the hall was filled with silence.

"I don't know... but I'll fight even if there is a chance in winning." Shinpachi answered while stroking my pregnant belly. Ah... as always... pure stupid devotion to the Shogun like how a samurai is in this era.

"With Kondou-san here, we can't afford to lose either!" Hijikata-san scowled at me.

"Hey what's with that glare... you know, I'm not trying to dampened the mood or make all of you depress if the battles does happen but we have got to look at reality sometimes you know? You only got one life to live so you've got to cherish it and not just throw it into a battle if you know you are not going to win~" I said nonchalantly while trying to hint them.

"I will fight until my life ends. I am a samurai after all." Souji grinned.

Ahh... I should have known that would be their answer... I probably shouldn't ask anymore. Who knows? The next answer might be a samurai's life should end in a battle and I wouldn't be able to resist using my sandals and slapping them in the face if they did answer that.

"But I do hope somehow Kondou-san could convince the Choshu... lesser bloodshed would be the best afterall..." I pouted. They went silent from my statement.

And I felt it coming...

It was coming...

It's here...!

"Ahh... I'm hungry... i need food... get me some food!" I demanded like a child fussing around.

The captains sweatdropped at my comment. It wasn't the first time they were hearing me breaking the intense atmosphere due to my hunger but they still couldn't get used to it no matter what.

"Mou... Chris you should really try to restrain yourself more..." Heisuke sighed as he got up. As expected, he would be the one getting my food as after all, in the end the baton would be passed to him after a big argument with the others of 'why should he be the one that gets the food for me'.

"Why should I restrain myself? Why? Because I'm growing fatter?" I started to become depress. The captains all shot glares to Heisuke. Over the months, perhaps due to my pregnancy, I have became more emotional and this is one topic that I have raised up and well... the ending never ends well for them...

"NONONO! Chris you are not getting fatter! You're so slim and gorgeous so please don't cry!" Heisuke was panicking from previous experience.

"Why would i cry? Because it is a fact that i am getting fatter? Is that what you are saying?" My tears were already on the brim of overflowing. Heisuke had the 'Oh crap i have done it' expression.

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW I'M FAT! IS THAT WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO BRING ME FOOD?! SHINPACHI! YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE DO YOU?!" I turned my head to that I was facing Shinpachi. He had a helpless face on. The day ended with Shinpachi bringing me back to the room and trying to comfort me while the captains lecture Heisuke about how he shouldn't have touched on the topic and repeated the whole incident all over again. Yes. Again. Sometimes it's hard to idiots to learn.

Soon, it was december and finally, Kondou-san has returned from the Hiroshima Han. Everyone was happy that he came back, however, that was the only happy news. Unfortunately, Kondou-san came back to inform his superior that even after the discussion and all the convincing, it seems like the Choshu was determined to fight.

Everyone gathered in the common hall with Kondou-san in the middle.

"Kondou-san, what did the Choshu bastards say to you?" Souji asked. It seems like he was the most angered person from this incident, after all, it seems like the Choshu commanders had disrespected Kondou-san.

"Nothing much really, it's all the same thing over and over again, about my status..." Kondou-san sighed. He could work as hard as he wants however, there is one thing that he can't change no matter how much hard work he put in. And that was his background as a farmer.

Almost immediately, everyone was triggered and was cursing;swearing at Choshu mens.

It was a brand new world to see. Colorful and even rainbow words getting thrown around.

I guess a battle is inevitable. However, with their samurai spirit and all, I bet they are determined to die for the Shogun... if that is the case... whatever should I do? Save them so that they could rush to die again?

I sighed and shook my head while looking at the captains verbally keyboard warrior-ring until they vomit finish all the rainbows for the day. But of course, i had to interrupt them with my stomach growling and they had no choice but to disperse unless they want the whole crying situation at appear again. This time, Heisuke did not trigger my tears. Hmm... I guess idiots do learn after all.

Hey guys~ I'm back with another chapter. Actually, this chapter was done yesterday but I knocked out when i reached home XP So yea I'm updating now~ And update: Recently i got myself a job (6 days a week) so I'll be left with sundays to write and edit. I'll try to update every sunday if i could and yea... Please review this chapter~ (Also because recently i've changed writing styles so i'm a little nervous xD)

Oh yeah and i need suggestion for a girl's name~ Let me know if there is any good ones you thought about~