Nightmare

"Nice. Composed it yourself?" Sanosuke appeared behind me like a ghost while holding a cup of sake in front of me, signalling me to take it. I gulp the sake down, resulting in an instant burning feeling in my chest.

"Nah... I don't have that kind of talent..." His expression is unreadable as he stare at me. We stayed in comfortable silence for god knows how long until Shinpachi decided to finally go back to the Yagi house.

"Shinpachi! It's past curfew already!" Hijikata was standing at the entrance of Yagi house. His expression was furious but he seemed used to this kind of situation as he shook his head while kneading his temple with his fingers. He looked up, wanting to nag more but then our eyes met. For a moment, I thought I saw some red appearing on his cheeks but it disappear before I could even reconfirm. His eyes opened wide when he realizes it was me.

"Shinpachi! You-! She-! You did not!" His brows knitted together and he pointed at Shinpachi. Shinpachi scratches his head and tried to avoid eye contact with Hijikata. Oh come on... What's the big deal? It's not like I don't know how to protect myself... I rolled my eyes and walk pass Hijikata.

"Chris! You stop there!" Oh man... this is going to take longer than I thought. Who knew the fiercely loyal man that I admired a lot in the history books would nag so much like an old granny...An idea pop up in my mind as I turn towards him, smiling apologetically.

"You know, Hijikata-san, I would love to hear you out but unfortunately, I would go blind if I don't take the contacts out within the next few minutes. I can only wear it for a certain amount of time..." I cover my mouth and look at the side, acting like I'm going to cry soon. Hijikata was flustered for a moment before resigning to my excuse. I escaped quickly but I wink back to the guys before being out of their sight.

"You-!" The sound of Shinpachi complaining fades out as I walk further away from them.

I took out the contact lenses and got rid of any makeup residue I had on my face before changing into sleeping wear. Hijikata-san had prepared a traditional sleeping wear for me but I am so not going to wear that. It's long sleeve and right now, it's summer. SUMMER! I won't be a lunatic to wear that in summer! I put on a singlet made of silk, it was a present from John, and a short pants, and everything was in pink colour. I lay on my futon and drifted off to dreamland.

"

Dad?" I walk towards a man standing in front of me.

"Yes Sakura?" It's dad! Sakura was the Japanese name he created for me when I mentioned to him that I love the cherry blossom that bloomed in Japan, which I happened to see in a magazine. Only dad calls me that...

"Dad! I'm glad you're here! I had the weirdest dream! I thought John killed you and then I accidentally travelled to the Edo period! I was so scared!" I ran towards him and gave him a back hug. My arms were around his body. He gave me a light pat on my hands before turning towards me. By then, the tears have drowned my sight, making me unable to see properly.

"Sakura, look at me. It's not your fault." My fault? What fault? I wipe off my tears and look at him. To my horror, he was covered with blood all over his face and was still smiling at me.

"Dad!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, he fell into my arms. He wasn't breathing.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU BROUGHT HIM HOME! YOU KILLED DAD! "My sisters appeared behind me and accuses me. M-my fault? N-no... it wasn't a dream... no it's not true... not true...

"Chris, lets live happily ever after okay?" A familiar voice came above me and the next thing I know, I was embraced by John. I turn around and saw him with a gun pointed at dad. No... NO!

I woke up in tears. Was that all a dream? I gave a sigh of relieve before grabbing my own hair, crying miserably.

"Chris?" Shinpachi called out behind the door. I'm sorry but I'm in no condition of answering you...

The door opened without my permission and Shinpachi peeked through the gap he created. When he saw my face full of tears, he came in and sat beside me, worried.

"A-are you okay? What happened?!" He wanted to put a hand on my shoulder, but since I'm wearing a singlet, he don't feel comfortable doing it. I hugged him. I needed someone right now, anyone is fine... He was in shock but he held me tight, trying to comfort me even when he sucked at it. Eventually, I stopped crying due to his awkward kindness. I wiped off the leftover tears from my face and look him in the eye, thanking him.

"Hey, what are friends for?" He thump his chest, looking proud. I gave a small smile. When he saw that, he started to crack jokes and making me laugh before Hijikata-san appears and scolded him for being in my room, not to mention also for the way I was dressed. I felt better instantly.

"Thank you..." I whispered while watching Shinpachi escaping from Hijikata-san like a mouse being chased by a cat.

Hi! *Waves* Can you guess who i'm pairing Chris with? ^^ Don't forget to vote if you like it!