23

"Sakura!" Tsunade called out while she was almost near the village. Tsunade began to panic as she didn't sense a chakra at the village, "Dammit!" she began getting frustrated as she couldn't speed up like she wanted to due to age.

Sakura opened her eyes to a black room, "Inner?" she asked an empty room, "Sakura I'm so sorry..." Inner mumbled as Sakura heard drops of water falling to the floor. Sakura walked towards where the droplets were heard "Inner are you crying?" Sakura stood behind Inner seeing a smaller, younger version of herself yet with such a damaged soul. "Inner what's wrong?" Sakura knelt down to Inner, "Sakura I failed you. I couldn't keep you alive long enough to at least grow with you! I know I'm supposed to be this big mean and hurtful mind being that takes over you, but I just can't! You are the only person that I truly feel one with. And you know what I did? I let them die." Sakura's heart melted. She hugged Inner saying nothing. They both knew to stay quiet and pour their emotions out.

Until Sakura saw a spark of blue.

...

"Sakura come on! Come back to me please!" Tsunade begged and pleaded ignoring her fear of blood and only focusing on bringing her daughter back to life. "Sakura..." her hot tears dripped onto Sakura's chest as she sent more healing chakra into her body.

Sakura slowly felt herself slip away from Inner as her eyes slowly began to open, "T-Tsunade..." she muttered out as Tsunade's eyes widened and a smile formed on her face, "My sweet little cherry blossom" she hugged Sakura gently while wiping her tears away.

Sakura got up slowly and winced as her wounds were sore, "I'll carry you back but who did this to you?" Tsunade asked. Sakura paused and thought of Sasuke, "It was uhm... I don't remember" Tsunade sighed, "For now we will be staying here for at least 2 days. Since you need to rest. I'll meet you back at Tekaru's castle I'll be exploring since I trust you not to get into trouble, ok?" Sakura chuckled, "Ok..." Sakura walked to the meditation room, and she sat down and went to talk to Inner this time as a full friend.

...

Sasuke met back up with his team and ignored all their complaints of him wandering off, "We are going to set up soon" he stopped talking and then thought of if Sakura was ok then snapped out of it immediately. "We are setting up here."

Sasuke stayed on duty looking out for any attacks, "She has improved, I can't lie about that... but her state of mentality seems concerning." He imagined Sakura on the floor where he left her begging for mercy, he quickly snapped out of it feeling guilty and horrified of what he pictured, Karin and Sasuke switched patrols while Sasuke went asleep keeping his mind furthest away from his pink haired teammate.

...

Tsunade met Sakura at Tekaru's castle, "We'll head back tonight alright?" Sakura simply nodded and stayed silent. Tsunade sighed, "Sakura what's wrong?"

"Nothing" she replied.

Tsunade looked carefully at Sakura, "If you won't tell me fine no pressure but at least be ready to leave soon."

Sakura nodded again and walked to the graveyard. She knelt down and began thanking everyone, "I know you guys mostly don't even know me, but I want to say thank you for keeping me alive long enough. I just wish you all the best" she placed a cherry blossom down that fell from the branch Sasuke cut and walked away to see Tsunade right behind her. "Tsunade-Sama!" Tsunade was shocked, "You really are a blessing to this world even the spirits wanted to keep you on this earth." she healed Sakura's wounds once again, "Are you ready to leave?"

"No, no not really." she gave Tsunade puppy eyes, "Let me stay one more night to at least experience the full moon here" Tsunade sighed, "Fine but if anything happens you leave without a fight got it." Sakura nodded and hugged Tsunade then watched Tsunade leave.

...

Tsunade returned to the village while she ignored Shizune's complaints. Naruto walked up to Tsunade, "When is Sakua-chan coming back I'm tired of being with Kakashi-Sensei all the timee" he complained. "She will be back when her mission is over."

...

Kisame walked next Itachi, "Why did you not want to Hidan or Sasori and Deidara coming here?" he asked. Itachi simply ignored him and walked faster, "Make the investigation quick and don't destroy anything." Itachi said firmly while he went into the castle.