07 | the honeymoon (part two)

The next day I spent mostly in my villa alone, which I loved. I loved having time to just care for myself. In total, today I had meditated at sunrise, took a yoga class from an instructor on the beach, did a facemask, watched a movie, and now I was currently lounging in my hot tub reading a book. I was living the dream. 

I had seen Adrian this morning, as just as expected, it wasn't awkward one bit. We both knew last night was a one time thing. No feeling or anything attached. Just two adults fucking because they think the other is hot. Nothing more. It was refreshing honestly, not having the commitment of a relationship. All there is to worry about it sex. After this trip, I'll never see Adrian again, and I was fine with that. 

There was a knock at my door. "Come in," I called, knowing it was unlocked. 

Adrian walked in, dressed again in all black. Why did body guards always wear black? I had no idea. "Noah would like to know if you'd like to join him and Tiffany for dinner."

I groaned. "Not particularly, but I can't avoid them for this whole trip." I closed my book and climbed out of the hot tub, drying myself with a towel. "Tell them to give me a half hour and I'll meet them there."

I quickly showered and blow dried my hair into some loose curls, then dressed in a mint colored sundress and a pair of sandals. The entire time I was dreading having to interact with Noah and Tiffany. Especially Noah. Part of me felt embarrassed about our wedding day. I couldn't believe I was so close to caving on my promise for Noah and I to be just friends. If it were up to me, I'd have a nice dinner in my villa while I watched the sun set. But oh well.

Adrian was waiting outside my door for me when I was ready. We walked to the bar and grill on the resort property, Adrian tailing a few feet behind me. Noah and Tiffany were sitting at a table on the balcony that overlooked the ocean, Tiffany wrapped around Noah's arm as Noah chugged a glass filled with a dark liquid. 

"Good evening, lovebirds," I greeted, sitting on the opposite side of the table from them. Adrian took a seat a few tables away. 

"Ella. Haven't seen you in a while. What have you been up to?" Noah questioned, swirling the liquid around in his glass. For once, Tiffany acknowledged my presence, sending me a subtly dirty look. I ignored her. 

"Oh you know, just around the resort. Took advantage of some of the amenities here." A waiter came over to take my order, leaving once I told them I wanted the 6 ounce steak medium well with a glass of wine. 

Tiffany chimed in. "Noah and I have been...busy, so we haven't gotten to look around the resort yet."

I rolled my eyes to myself. "So why'd you ask me to dinner?" I smiled in thanks at the waiter when he placed my drink on the table. 

Taking a sip, I listened as Tiffany responded. "Well, Noah and I felt bad that you were spending all this time alone. And I wanted to get to know you better. What even is it that you do?"

I raised a brow in amusement. Was she trying to take a shot at me. If so, she missed terribly. 

"I'm a fashion designer. Pretty successful too."

She snorted. "I kind of find that hard to believe. I never heard of you before you stupidly married Noah." Noah stayed silent, not bothering to check his little side piece for what she was saying.

"You know, Tiff - can I call you that? - it takes two to get married. I wouldn't assume you knew that though, based on how the only guy you can get with is already married to someone else." I took a sip from my wine, smiling softly when an enraged look flooded Tiffany's face. "And you know what's weird? I've never heard of you before either. So it appears we're in the same boat, honey."