24 | the dorms

"Where is she?" A voice boomed from the hallway

"Sir, you can't go in there-"

"Like hell I can't." 

The door to my hospital room burst open, slamming back against the wall. I looked at the culprit with amused eyes, somewhat surprised at his behavior. I made a mental note to apologize to the nurse that had to interact with him. 

Noah rushed over to where I sat on the edge of the bed, taking in my freshly casted wrist with wide eyes. He gently ran his fingers over it, his jaw ticking. He sighed and leaned over to press a kiss to my forehead.

"Are you okay? What am I talking about, your wrist is broken for god's-"

"Noah, honey, I'm fine," I said, grabbing his hand with my uninjured one. "The doctor said it's not too bad. I'll only be in a cast for a few weeks."

He sat next to me, looking down at his shoes with furrowed brows. "I knew I shouldn't have let you guys go without security. This is all my fault."

I leaned my head on his shoulder. "You'll be pleased to know that I told off the paparazzi before I fell. Although I might get some backlash from pissy reporters."

Noah laughed, leaning his head against mine. "That doesn't surprise me at all. I honestly love that about you." 

My heart skipped a beat at his words. That's the first time the word love had been tossed around between us. I couldn't discern whether or not I liked the feeling it gave me. 

"But seriously, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. This could've all been avoided."

"It's not your fault, babe. I don't blame you, I promise."

He gave me a soft smile, still looking guilty. "Are your siblings okay?"

"They're perfectly fine. The paparazzi only really cared about me, thankfully."

Speak of the devils, the three of them walked through the door at that moment, hoards of vending machine candy in their hands. Their eyes lit up in surprise at the sight of Noah. 

"Noah! What are you doing here? I thought you were back home?" Sammy asked. 

Noah shrugged sheepishly. "When I heard El got hurt I left work early and hopped on the first flight here."

"You didn't take your jet?" I asked. 

"It would've taken longer to get all the crew together. But enough about me, are you guys okay?"

Nick rolled his eyes, plopping down in a plastic chair beside the bed. "No, I broke all the bones in my body."

Logan smacked the back of his head. "We're fine. We really loved UCLA."

Noah gave me a look which confused me. He cleared his throat. "I, uh, was gonna wait to tell you guys this, but I think today needs some more cheerfulness," he started. He pulled out his phone tapping a few times before turning it around to show the three of them. 

I watched in confusion as all three of their faces lit up in disbelief. Sammy's jaw was on the floor, Nick looked like he had just seen a ghost, and Logan kept rereading whatever was on Noah's phone with eyes as wide as saucers. 

"You're fucking kidding. There's no way," Nick forced out. 

"What? What is it?" I asked. Noah turned the phone to show me. On the screen was an article with pictures of ten young people at the top, three of them being my siblings. 

2023 Grid Scholarship Award Winners

We would like to give a big congratulations to this year's full ride scholarship recipients: