19 | the reconciliation

Jack had left LA without telling me.

I had found it very fishy that he didn't show up at my hotel room first thing in the morning to ask how things went with Cameron. Come to find out, as soon as he left the club last night he was on a flight back to Vegas. What was the point of him coming anyways? I brushed it off, assuming that there was something up with the bakery that he worked at and they needed him there.

Unfortunately, Noah had texted me about an hour ago practically ordering me to get ready to go to dinner. The story of me leaving the club with Cameron had taken the media by storm, and Noah and I needed to make a public appearance to show that we were still together.

Noah said to dress fancy, so I chose to wear a black silk slip dress that went down to my mid calf. It had a slit up the leg and a slightly lower cut neckline, so it didn't lack in sexiness. If I was about to be photographed, I needed to look good. I slipped on a pair of strappy heels, grabbed my purse and made my way to the front door to wait for Noah by the elevator.

To my surprise, Noah was leaning against the wall across the hall from my door. He wore a white button up with the top few buttons undone and a pair of black slacks. To my surprise, he accessorized with some rings and an expensive looking watch. I diverted my gaze.

"Where are we going?" I asked, making my way down the hall. He followed behind me, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"You'll see," he said vaguely.

"I'm assuming you don't want me to say anything to the press? As much as I hate it I'll actually comply this time."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop. He exhaled for a second as he looked over my body before meeting my eyes again. He swallowed before opening his mouth to speak.

"I handled everything already. Cameron Wells made a statement saying that you two are just friends and you two were going to a game night with some other friends, that's why you left the club together."

I raised my brows in shock. He had fixed this already? The story just broke this morning, how the hell did he fix it that fast?

"But what about the pictures of us dancing together?"

Noah shrugged, looking down at his feet. "That's the most manageable of our problems. It'll blow over soon."

I eyed him suspiciously. "I thought I had to fix this. Why did you fix it?"

"We'll talk about that later. Let's get to dinner." He ushered me towards the elevator, pressing the button for the ground floor.

As the elevator approached the bottom floor, I braced myself for the hoards of paparazzi that were no doubt going to be waiting for us. I took a deep breath as the elevator dinged, the doors sliding open shortly after.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Through the huge floor to ceiling windows across the lobby, I saw no one. Just a few people walking on the sidewalk, and not throngs of people like I had expected. I turned to Noah in confusion.

"Why is there no paparazzi?" I questioned.

He quirked a brow. "I told you I handled everything."

That only deepened my confusion. "So what are we leaving the hotel together for if there are no cameras?"

"We, um, need to talk about something," he said, now seeming nervous.

He certainly wasn't doing anything to help my confusion.

We made our way out of the hotel, Noah holding the door for me on the way out. He led me to a black SUV that was idling by the valet, pulling open the back passenger door and gesturing for me to get in. He was acting strangely... pleasant for someone who just found out their wife had slept with another man.