14 | the oscars

Ella's dress ^

~*~

"You look like you're about to implode."

I shot a glare in Val's direction. "I'm nervous, okay? Cut me some slack."

The hotel room we were in was bustling with people, all of them a part of Val's team. There were makeup artists, hair stylists, her manager, her boyfriend Eli, and other people who I wasn't quite sure who they were. Val had just gotten into her dress for the Oscars, and I was currently working on some finishing touches on the dress.

Val caught my hand when I went to adjust her sleeve again. "I look perfect, El. Now you go get dressed we're leaving soon."

I mumbled incoherently under my breath. I was dreading getting into my dress. I was nervous that it wasn't eye catching enough. I quickly reminded myself that even if it wasn't eye catching, Val's dress certainly was. And I made that dress too.

I made my way too the bedroom and grabbed my dress out of the closet. I had used the fabric I had gotten from Lucy's, and honestly now that I was looking at it again, I was confident in the dress I made. It was a plain short lavender dress with a sweetheart neckline, and it flowed out slightly from my hips, reaching mid thigh. The stunning part was the sheer dress I had made to go on top of it.

It had puffy long sleeves that were cinched around the wrists and a turtle neckline. There was a matching ribbon around the waist that would make the dress hug my skin until it flowed out to meet the floor. There was a slit up the leg, and lavender flowers adorned the entire dress. Honestly, it was stunning.

I quickly dressed, then picked up the bottom of my dress to head back out into the living room. Val screamed when she saw me, bringing all attention towards me. She stopped in front of me with her jaw dropped, her eyes looking over every inch of my dress.

"Holy shit, you look gorgeous. Lavender is definitely your color."

I couldn't help but blush lightly at her words. "Thanks, Val. Button me up?"

She grinned and walked behind me, careful not to step on her dress on the way. She buttoned the small buttons up my back, then fixed my collar. As she was doing so, someone snapped a picture of us on their phone.

Val took a step away, and the hairstylist swooped in and fixed my hair that she had done earlier. She had insisted that I wear my natural wavy hair today, and she had done some kind of magic to make it super voluminous and defined, then she put silver pins on either side of my head to make a more dramatic look.

Once she was gone, Val spoke again. "Look how hot you look." She showed me her phone that had the picture that was taken of us a few minutes ago on it. "I'm sending this right to your husband."

I lunged for her phone. "Val, no!" I hissed. But she had already sent it. I sighed.

She looked at me with a pointed look. "Somethings going on with you two, and I would have you spill now but we have to go." She pointed a finger at me. "You will be telling me later." She grabbed my hand as we all piled out of the hotel room. "Now let's go get you that huge deal with Fashion Forward."

Another wave of nerves crashed over me at the reminder. I'd be speaking with some of the top people at Fashion Forward Enterprises at some point tonight. This could either make my life or not change it at all. I reminded myself that they couldn't really make my life worse no matter what they said. But I sure hoped they said something that would change it for the better.

I had been anticipating this conversation all week. This had thankfully distracted from my thoughts of Noah, and I found that I had hardly thought of him at all this week, what with making my dress and worrying about the Fashion Forward deal. I'd much rather be worried about those things than Noah.