18 | the aftermath

Why could I never sleep peacefully after having sex?

Of course someone was banging on my hotel door in the early hours of the morning, and it didn't seem like they were planning on stopping any time soon. I cursed as I rolled out of bed, throwing on a robe provided by the hotel. I stomped to the front door, fully ready to curse out whoever was knocking on my door this early in the morning.

My anger increased tenfold when I whipped open the door to see Noah standing there. A furious looking Noah. My face dropped into a glare.

"What the hell are you doing here at 4 in the morning?" I spat.

Not answering my question, he pushed past me into the hotel room, grabbing the door from my hand and shutting it.

"What is this?" He seethed, turning his phone around to face me.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. He had a TMZ article pulled up on his phone, and at the top of the article was a slideshow of pictures of Cameron and I from the night before. Noah angrily scrolled through the pictures, showing me pictures of Cameron and I grinding on each other quite provocatively, and to my horror, Cameron and I leaving the club hand in hand and getting in his car. I had no idea people were taking pictures of us.

"Noah, I-" I stuttered before Noah interrupted me.

"What the hell are you doing grinding on other men?"

Something in me snapped and my glare darkened. "I'm taking a page out of your fucking book, Noah. You can be with other women so why can't I be with other men?"

"With? You mean you- fucking hell." His eyes darted around the room, noticing my clothes strewn everywhere, my messy and tangled hair, and the hot mess of a bed. I hadn't even fixed the sheets before I fell asleep last night. I thought it was my imagination, but I could've sworn that I saw a hint of sadness on his face. I held back a scoff.

"You have no right to be angry. Since the day we got married you've been sleeping with hoards of other women. Even two days ago you had plans to sleep with someone else!"

"What the hell are you talking about? I haven't spoken to anyone else in weeks!" He exclaimed, truly looking confused.

"I saw that text from Jenna. I know you're fucking lying," I hissed, jabbing a finger in his direction.

"She texted me and I never texted back. That was nothing! This," he gestured to the messy room around us, "What you did was catastrophic for us. You were seen in public getting cozy with another man. That's what's so wrong here, Ella. By sunrise this story is going to be all over every news outlet you can think of. We just got fucking married and the public has already heard about your infidelity!"

I gaped. "My infidelity? Do I need to remind you that the day after we got married in Vegas you were seen with another woman? Talks of infidelity have been in the media long before today."

He clenched his jaw in anger. "We had both agreed that we would not be see with anyone else in public when we had the official wedding ceremony. Now you just shat all over it! How the hell are we supposed to clean this up? What are we supposed to do here?"

I stomped over to the bed and sat down, too tired to argue anymore. I couldn't deal with this right now. The last 48 hours of my life have been so draining.

"Leave, Noah. I'll figure something out. Just go," I said tiredly.

"You're coming back to Vegas today. You can reschedule whatever you had to do out here. We need to handle this."

My anger was recharged at his words. "I came out here for work and I fully intend on staying here. I'm not going anywhere with you."

His jaw ticked and I saw his fight crumble. Giving up, he turned on his heel towards the door and took a few steps before stopping in front of the door. His eyes were on Cameron's business card that he had left behind last night.