Chapter 13.

A/N: Hey, this chapter is mostly about Lucius' trial, I don't know much about wizarding trials, so this is just how I think it would go, sorry if it's not very accurate

TW: Mentions sexual assault, torture and abuse. RonBashing!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

2 Months Later.

Hermione knew that motherhood would be hard but she didn't expect that she would be doing almost everything alone.

Hermione had stayed at St Mungo's for over a week before coming home, Ron was great at first and helped with everything but for the last month he had stopped helping and had become distant.

Hermione adored everything about her daughter, except maybe her cries and was so happy to have Rose in her life.

...

Hermione groans as she wipes her top, trying to get rid of the spit up that Rose had done, minutes ago, while cleaning her top her eyes catch the letter on the counter of her kitchen and sighs, Ron had given it to her last night when he came home, it was all about Lucius Malfoy's trial, something that was ongoing, they wanted her to testify about what happened during the 3 days she was captured.

She shuddered at the thought of even seeing the man again, let alone having to tell everyone about everything that had happened, it wasn't exactly asking, it was summoning and Hermione couldn't even look at the letter without panic raising in her mind. 

A knock at the door takes Hermione's mind away from her thoughts, Hermione reaches for her wand, which was tied in her hair with her bun, Hermione didn't do anything without her wand any more, Hermione walks to the door and looks through the peep hole and she relaxes at the sight of Draco standing there, she unlocks the multiple locks on her door before opening the door, Draco gives her a small smile and looks at her almost dishevelled look, it's the most casual and unorganized he had ever seen her.

"I know, I'm a complete mess." Hermione says looking at Draco's tidy and new robes before nodding at him for him to come in, after he enters he watches as she relocks the door, she turns and notices that he is watching her, "Ron can't stand having so many but I don't feel safe without them." Hermione tells Draco truthfully, Draco looks down with a feeling of anger beginning to root in his mind again, he looks around and notices the letter on the counter.

"I can't believe they've asked you to testify as well." Draco says nodding towards the letter, Hermione sighs, "I see that you were there today." Hermione says nodding to his robes, "Blaise was called today, he had to recount everything that happened to him, I wanted to be his support but I think Daphne was doing a better job than I was." Draco tells Hermione with a thought of Daphne who had recently gotten back with Blaise again, "They are back together again"? Hermione asks with a small smile, Draco raises his eyebrow in surprise.