Chapter 4

3 weeks later.

Hermione still couldn't believe that she was still living with Draco, she had basically moved in now and she hadn't even asked Draco, he had just let it happen. Another thing Hermione couldn't believe was that she was now 4 months pregnant and it was starting to show, the small bump had started to blossom and soon people would be asking questions, she sighed as she looked down at her more swollen stomach and placed a hand on it, despite the situation she was happy with the little life growing in her.

Hermione sighed as she put another pair of trousers on, he stomach just wasn't fitting into any of her work trousers and it was too cold to wear skirts, Hermione groaned and threw her trousers at the wall before she started to become nauseous, she quickly ran to the bathroom where she threw up, a couple of seconds later, she feels her hair being pulled away from her face and a comforting rubbing feeling on her back, once she's finished she looks up and sees Draco, she sighs and pushes herself away from the toilet and leans her back against the cool bathtub.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Hermione says as she wipes her mouth, Draco helps her off the floor and gives her a hand towel to clean herself with, "There is nothing to be sorry about, I've seen it before." Draco says with a small smile before he leaves the bathroom.

Draco enters his bedroom where he now also slept, Hermione became fed up with Draco sleeping in the sitting room and transfigured the double bed into two single beds, he doesn't mind sharing a room with her and it makes it easier to keep an eye on her, Draco takes her work trousers and casts an expanding spell on it and when Hermione comes back in he gives them to her.
After a quick breakfast they both go to St Mungos and start working, though they are partners they are working different patients.

...

Hermione sighs as she walks into the maternity ward and heads the desk to find her next patient, she takes the file from the top and sees the bed number before walking over to the bed, before she can look at the name she hears a girlish giggle and looks up and almost faints at seeing the woman in front of her, Lavender Brown.

Hermione walks over to the bed and places a fake smile on her lips, "Oh, hi there Lavender, what are you here for?" Hermione asks with her fake smile, Lavender looks at her and gives her a smile, "Oh hey, Hermione." Lavender says with a large smile, she pushes her long blonde hair behind her shoulder and looks at the woman she brought with her, "Oh Hello, Parvati." Hermione nods a hello to the woman next to Lavender.

"I'm here for a pregnancy test." Lavender says with a nervous smile, Hermione almost feels like she must sit down when she hears those words but gives another fake smile instead, "Okay, well I'll go and get our test provider and then I'll be back." Hermione tells Lavender who smiles at her.

Hermione feels shaky as she makes her way to the healer in charge of the tests and points them in the direction on Lavender's bed, she waits until the 5 minutes are over and the healer gives Hermione the results that have been written in Lavender's files, Hermione can feel her heart beating faster in her chest as she gets to Lavender's bed, she plants her fake smile back on and stands in front of the two women.

She takes a second to look at the file with the result, a result that could change both of their lives, she looks through the papers before finding the results, "The results tell us that you are exactly a month pregnant, congratulations." Hermione tells Lavender, who gives Hermione a look that makes it seem that she knows something Hermione doesn't.

"Oh wow, I think I'll keep this one." Lavender says with a large smile, Hermione eyes her quickly, "This one?" Hermione asks, Lavender sighs "It's in my file." Lavender says with a frown before turning to Parvati who gives her a hug.