Chapter 5

A/N: Hey Guys I'm back, I've really not been well and I'm still not but I just wanted to write so here the next chapter.

................................................

2 Weeks later.

Things in the past two weeks had been awkward between Hermione and Draco, after she had kissed him, Hermione had been hurt by how quickly he had forgotten it and his ease of pretending that nothing had changed, Hermione had started to feel different the minute she had kissed him but had assumed it was just because she missed kissing someone.

After a couple of days, Hermione had sort of mentioned it and he said that it meant nothing and wasn't mad at her for kissing him, Hermione had sighed and left the topic alone but soon things just started to feel different, he was always gone before she had finished her shower, he'd leave her breakfast waiting for her and he'd work well with her at St Mungo's but back at his place tension was in the air, they would pretend not to notice but it was painfully obvious that something wasn't working. Which had now made Hermione make the decision to look for a new place to live, she really didn't want to but she couldn't spend any more time in a place that wasn't making her happy.

Hermione sighed loudly as she heard the front door close, telling her that Draco had left, she walked into the bedroom and looked in the mirror before using a drying spell on her hair and tying it up into a ponytail, she quickly gets dressed but sighs at the tightness of her clothes, due to her growing stomach, which she rubbed before going to the kitchen and eating her breakfast, while looking around the apartment, she was going to miss it, she sighs before leaving the apartment.

...

Hermione smiles at the receptionist as she hands her an updated file on a patient, she looks over at the clock, which points to 1pm, lunch time, she gets out her phone and looks down the contacts and stops on Ginny's name, she quickly sends her a text:

Hey Gin, could we have lunch? Meet at our cafe?

She waits a couple of minutes before getting her bag from her locker before a small bleep is heard, she takes her phone out and looks at the text:

Sure, we need to talk, see you in 15.

Hermione smiles at her phone before looking up and seeing Draco come in, she gives him a small nod before leaving the locker room. Hermione leaves St Mungo's before apparating to the street of the cafe, Ginny and Hermione had found this place during the summer before they went back to Hogwarts for their 7th year and spent nearly every day there, trying to escape their world.

Hermione smiles at the familiar scent of coffee before finding a seat towards the back, she orders a herbal tea for her and a hot chocolate with cream and cinnamon sprinkles for Ginny, which a arrives a minute before Ginny, who smiles at Hermione before sitting down. They take a couple of minutes sipping their drinks before a server asks what they would like for food, Hermione orders a ham, cucumber and cheese baguette with chips, while Ginny orders a bacon and cheese toastie with chips and a salad.

"Since when do you drink herbal tea?" Ginny asks eyeing Hermione's drink, Hermione bites her lip and sighs, "Actually, that's one of the couple of things I wanted to talk to you about." Hermione says before taking a sip of her drink before placing the mug on the table, Ginny raises her eyebrows with intrigue, Hermione looks over at Ginny and looks at her still large stomach, which worried her, Ginny was 5 weeks overdue but the healers had said to give it another week but Hermione was worried.

Ginny notices Hermione looking at her bump and sighs, "I'm fine, Mione." Ginny says with a pointed look at Hermione, who frowns, "I'm sorry, I'm worried about you and your little boy." Hermione says with a soft smile, Ginny smiles at her, "We are here to talk about you, so what's going on?" Ginny asks changing the subject, Hermione sighs, "Okay well first I should tell you something." Hermione says before taking a long sip from her tea.