◌ºঃ better? ◌ºঃ

Emiri wanted to find the hardest wall she could find and smash her head against it.

She gawked at the fat '20%' written on her recent maths test – the maths test she studied so hard on the night before with Shoto.

"Todoroki."

She hit her forehead against her desk.

That was not hard enough.

"Todoroki."

Emiri looked up at the ceiling, leaning back in her chair. She held her failed maths test up to the ceiling, glaring at it as if her '20%' would magically transform itself into a '80%'.

That was impossible. But perhaps if she asked Kirishima to use his hardening quirk on his fist and punched her in the face, that would be hard enough to jiggle her brain enough and reset all her neurons–

"TODOROKI."

Emiri jumped, smacking her paper onto her desk before turning to the owner of the voice.

"Oh... Shinso..." she said, pouting. "What's up?"

The purple haired male hovered over her, glowering down at her with a triumphant smile.

"I see that you failed our recent test even after you begged Mr Aizawa to give you a chance to take my spot in the hero course." He gloated.

She gave him a pursed smile, nodding slowly as she closed her eyes.

"Really? I didn't notice!" She exclaimed a bit too sweetly.

Shinso chuckled, walking back to his seat.

Of course her rival had come over to make her self esteem plummet even lower than it was already.

She stood up from her desk, inhaling and exhaling quietly before letting a smile appear on her features.

Oh well, she just had to try harder next time.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

"Please, Kirishima."

"No! You're going to hurt yourself."

Ashido and Sero watched Emiri cling to Kirishima's arm from the other side of their lunch table, her face buried in his shoulder as she begged him to harden his arm so she could smash her head against it.

"Emi, c'mon, maths is hard for everyone." Kaminari reassured, "even I see the cogs in Iida's brain overexert themselves during maths class."

Emiri hugged Kirishima's arm, pouting.

"But if I want to join your class, I have to be at least Mineta's level of maths." She informed, making Sero cringe.

"Actually, Mineta is a lot smarter than you think." He informed as if he was telling her the most ground-breaking news. "I think just aim to be getting above Kaminari and Kirishima, then you'll be okay."

Emiri sighed softly before looking up at Kirishima, "this is your last chance buddy – please?"

Kirishima looked away from her puppy eyes, red in the face as she tugged on his arm.

"Do you ever think that hitting your stupid head will only make you more stupid?" Bakugou piped up for the first time since she'd come to their table.

She let go of Kirishima's arm, collapsing against her chair.

"You're right," she exhaled, rolling her shoulders. "I'm too sore to keep pulling you anyways."

Ashido pouted, patting her hand from across the table.