◌ºঃ or die ◌ºঃ

"You... You like me, don't you?"

All the worrying, the anger directed at her because she never stood up for herself, how he'd forced her onto a road trip to make her happy, the times he let her sleep when she should've been studying, how he reprimanded her for coming back with new injuries.

It was all because he liked her?

Let me rephrase that: It was all because he liked her too?!

Bakugou and Emiri locked eyes as his grip loosened on her top, face hardening at her words.

"And what if I do?" He challenged despite the fear she could hear in his voice.

Emiri was stuck for words.

Her crush likes her, she should be ecstatic.

But here she was, blinking dumbly as she tried to process everything while he desperately awaited her answer.

"Fuck," he exhaled after a while, "I feel so stupid."

She made a small noise in surprise as he let go of her top, slightly shoving her out the way. Bakugou made a beeline for the door, about to leave until a small, shy laugh came from Emiri.

"What's so fucking funny?" He hissed, face entirely red as he stared straight at the door.

"You call me dumb all the time, but I think you don't realise that you're pretty stupid yourself."

His eyes twitched as his neck creaked to look at her.

"Huh?!" He growled, fists tightening to his sides.

Bakugou had tucked away a bit of his pride to admit that he liked the bubblegum haired girl, and yet she had the audacity to laugh and call him stupid?

Was she trying to piss him off? Or was she just teasing him now that she knew she had the upper hand?

"I've loved you all this time and you still haven't noticed."

Every thought he could possibly be thinking seemed to disappear, as if her words had cleaned his mind completely.

"No you do not," he narrowed his eyes on her. "Why the fuck would you even like me?"

Emiri softly laugh, making her way to him.

"You're fucking with me!" He hissed, lightly nudging her away from him.

She tried suppressing her giggles as she grabbed his hand with both of her hands.

"I'm...I'm sorry, it's just so crazy to me." Emiri sighed, smiling up at him guiltily. "All this time I'd been thinking that you and Mina had been close recently and there was nothing I could do if you two started dating. I just couldn't imagine that you would ever like me the way I like you."

He frowned looking down at their connected hands.

They were just a pair of idiots who fell hard for each other but assumed the other would never feel the same way.

His rough hand tightened around hers before he pulled her towards him. Emiri's face flushing red at the sudden action as her skin practically stung where his fingers rested on her waist.

"Raccoon Eyes knows I like you, that's why we've been close." He admitted, one of his fingers unconsciously rubbing circles on her waist. "Just be mine already, won't you?"

She grinned up at him.

"Can you ask me properly, Bakugou?" She teased, "say the words 'please be my girlfriend' word for word."