◌ºঃ the golden child of the Todoroki family ◌ºঃ

"Emiri, Shoto!"

Emiri softly smiled as she entered her mother's sunlit hospital room, carrying a bouquet of blue and white flowers, a tote bag over her shoulder.

Shoto hugged their mother first, grinning down at her as she leaned up and kissed his cheek. Emiri came over afterwards, hugging Rei around her neck and kissing her cheek.

"How're you feeling today, Ma?" Emiri asked, passing the flowers to her.

"I'm feeling okay today," Rei replied, ushering her youngest towards her. "Come closer, I want a good look at you."

Emiri couldn't help but let an endeared smile appear on her face. She carefully put her tote bag onto a nearby chair before bending her knees slightly so she was face to face with her mother.

Rei put her cold hands on her daughter's rosy cheeks, tucking pink strands out of Emiri's face to get a better look at her.

"You're growing more and more gorgeous as time passes, my flower." Emiri leaned into her mother's touch at her childhood nickname.

"Mum, I'm a teenager now, you can't keep calling me childish names." Emiri teased, squealing as Rei squeezed her face.

"You'll always be my precious little pink ice," Rei said.

The protea pink ice flower, also known as 'pink ice', was an endearing nickname she called Emiri the moment she popped out the womb with pink hair.

Emiri giggled, a warmth spreading in her heart as she sat beside Rei. She took her mother's hands into hers, stroking at the bandages that covered her fingers.

"Let me heal those," Emiri insisted, her hands beginning to glow pink.

Rei pouted, trying to pull her hands away.

"No, you'll get hurt, darling." Rei retorted gently.

Shoto laughed, sitting on another seat.

"Trust me, Emiri has been working hard with Recovery Girl these days — she's gotten much better at using her quirk." He reassured, admiring Emiri's pretty quirk.

He'd always thought the pale pink glow was so gorgeous, at least compared to his rough icicles and rampant fire quirk. There was a softness, an elegance even to her healing quirk that suited her sweet demeanour.

"So, tell me all about school, you two!"

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Emiri hummed as she held a tray of various fruits that she planned on cutting up for her mother. She wandered the hospital halls aimlessly, not really in a rush to get back to the room.

Shoto was a lot closer to her mother than she was. They often sent letters to each other ever since they reconciled in their first year of high school.

Of course, she wrote a few letters to Rei herself, even told her about how she finally had the opportunity to be in the hero course by the next semester. Despite her lack of letters in comparison to Shoto, it didn't mean that she and her mother didn't get along, she just didn't feel the need to rush to make up for time they missed.

Frankly, Emiri used to always visit her mother, she knew Shoto had a very reasonable grudge against Rei when they were younger but that didn't stop Emiri from getting to know her.

So, she took her sweet time to get back and snuck quietly into the room. She hid behind the curtain, putting the tray of fruits down to find a knife in the cupboard to cut them with.