◌ºঃ you're shit at maths ◌ºঃ

"Pinky Number Two!~"

Ashido turned around, grinning as she saw a very happy Emiri skipping over. Jumping in surprise, Emiri grabbed her hand and pulled her down.

"Woah! Pinky Number One, what's got you so chipper?" Ashido asked.

Emiri rummaged through her blazer pocket, unfolding a booklet before flashing a vibrant '80%' written on the front in red marker.

Ashido gasped, grabbing the page.

"This is your maths test."

Emiri grinned. "It is."

"This is an 80%."

"Yup."

"And you're shit at maths."

Emiri pouted, folding her arms.

"Mina."

Ashido laughed, taking Emiri into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry – I'm just so proud of you!"

Emiri squealed, hugging Ashido back as the two jumped around in a circle. A few passing students sent them confused looks, streaming around them as they rushed to lunch.

"Em, how'd you do it?" She asked, taking her booklet and looking through all the red circles. "You did so well... damn, I wished my tests looked like this."

Emiri's smile faded.

Ashido looked up from her test papers, frowning.

"You... you didn't chea—"

"Oh god, of course I didn't!" Emiri exclaimed, shaking her head.

"Then how'd you do it?"

Emiri shyly looked away.

How was she supposed to explain how she paid attention better to Bakugou because she had a crush on him? Not only that, but his explanations were so simple and straightforward as if he knew how her silly brain worked.

"Well... when we all studied... the way we all talked about the work and how Bakugou explained everything really helped." Mina smiled.

"Aw, that's good!" Mina exclaimed, trying to gauge her reaction. "But I don't see what's wrong."

Emiri fiddled with the ends of one of her braids.

"The thing is... you know me. It takes me hours to understand things whenever people teach me things." Emiri explained before looking at Ashido. "...Do you think Bakugou would tutor me if I asked him later?"

Ashido made a noise of understanding, the two girls walking towards the cafeteria.

"He's a bit of a wild card, it's worth a try." Ashido encouraged, glancing over to a group of 2C students who waved at Emiri.

"I guess..." Emiri responded before waving at her classmates. "Thanks, I'll give it a go."

Ashido grinned, rolling up her sleeves before flexing her arms.

"If he says no to your little cute face, I'll beat him up myself until he agrees!" She joked, making Emiri laugh.

"Thanks Pinky," Emiri pecked her cheek before hovering towards her friends. "I'll text you!"

Mina grinned, waving to her as she left.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Emiri balanced on the heels of her loafers as she waited outside Class 2A, her fingers fidgeting with the hem of her skirt and she heard Aizawa dismiss his class at the end of the day.