◌ºঃ be better, Bakugou ◌ºঃ

Back at U.A., Aizawa was at his homeroom classroom's desk one late afternoon. He needed to find some of his students' files to help Recovery Girl lodge her paperwork on the injuries of his students that had occurred throughout the semester.

While looking through his desk file for Midoriya's folder, Aizawa spotted two different colour folders at the bottom of his drawer. He sighed, pulling them out and dropping them onto his desk.

They were Shinso and Emiri's files.

He had them because he had to do this research on the two students who wanted to join the hero course. They both had perfect school records, besides the bad grades Emiri had last year.

But her grades that year were exceptional.

Aizawa grabbed Shinso's file, placing it back into the drawer he took it out of. Meanwhile, he reluctantly took Emiri's file into his arms, knowing he had to give it back to Class 2C's homeroom teacher.

Aizawa gathered the files he needed to take to Recovery Girl, making his way to her office. He basked in the silence, his mind drifting to the Hero Course Entrance Exams he'd witnessed a few weeks ago.

He was proud of his student for getting into the hero course, but something didn't sit quite right with the whole situation.

Aizawa knew how skilled Shinso is – he trained him. But Emiri? The moment he'd seen the pink crystals that she had beautifully aimed towards Shinso with such precision, his attention was captivated.

The way she wielded her quirk was as if she'd been waiting to do it her whole life. Not to mention how her ocean eyes had practically glowed when she got to use her quirk on Shinso.

She was meant to be a hero.

Reality hit him like a bunch of bricks as he placed the files on Recovery Girl's desk.

He glanced at the small desk nearby that had a few of Emiri's stuff on it, her lab coat hanging on a coat hanger nearby.

On Emiri's desk was a pile of books varying from Class C's content, medical books and even textbooks that she'd borrowed from Bakugou to study for the Hero Course Exam.

Sticky notes were stuck on nearly every surface present, little notes and to-do lists messily written on them.

She had the work ethic, the determination, and definitely the capability.

Emiri needed to be in the hero course.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Ashido groaned as she was haphazardly shaken, the poor girl blinded the moment she opened her eyes.

"What is–"

"Shut the fuck up!"

She squinted, getting a glimpse at a crazed Bakugou who held a flashlight to her face.

Ashido was laying on the backseats of the van, Emiri blissfully sleeping on the other set of seats across from her. She reached for her phone, eyes widening as she saw that it was way too early in the morning to be awake.

She glared at Bakugou who grabbed her upper arm, forcing her out of the warm comfort of her blanket before dragging her out of the van.

"What are you doing?!" Ashido hissed as she crossed her arms, shivering in her tank top in the summer night air.

Bakugou carefully slid the van door shut, sighing in relief as it clicked quietly.

"Hold on a second," he whispered, grabbing her shoulders and leading her towards the dead campfire.

Ashido unwillingly followed him, trying to blink herself awake as she sat beside him on a log.

"What is going on?" She questioned, "and why is it only me that you woke up?"

Before she could further harass him, Bakugou groaned as he laid on the log, hands covering his face.

"Mina, I'm so fucked." He confessed, Ashido's lips parting in shock. "You were right, I like her."

Ashido's posture straightened as she swivelled her body so her legs were on either side of the log. She grabbed Bakugou's forearms, trying to pull his hands away from his red face.

"NO FUCKING WAY!" She exclaimed.

Bakugou shot up into a sitting position, putting a hand over her mouth.

"Don't wake them up!" He reprimanded, "fuck! I regret telling you."

Ashido laughed, "why are you telling me this? Shouldn't you discuss this with Eijiro or something?"

Bakugou shook his head, "I promised to tell you first, remember?"

Ashido pouted, endeared by his sweet comment.

"I love you for that, but two in the morning?"

"Dunce wouldn't go to sleep! The idiot was on his phone until one in the morning and I wasn't going to risk him hearing me like this! You've got to help me, Raccoon Eyes."

Ashido patted his arm as he looked up at the sky in frustration, jaw tense and face painted with regret.

"So, how'd you figure it out?" She whispered, slapping his thigh excitedly.

Bakugou's arms hung loosely on the sides of the log, closing his eyes.

"I dunno," he confessed angrily. "She was just healing me and something changed about her."

Ashido scoffed, sliding off the log and onto the grass.

"Emiri's just being her usual sweet self," she retorted, "it's you who changed; you realised you like her."

Bakugou let out a heavy exhale.

His mind was flooding with his moments with Emiri; he'd unconsciously sought out to get to know her, he was nicer to her than his other friends, he even found himself growing jealous whenever Sero and Kirishima were too touchy with her.

He'd liked her for a while, and only now did he realise it.

"Fucking hell!" He cursed, sitting up again. "This is bullshit."

Ashido raised a brow, watching as Bakugou began to pace in front of her.

"What's the big deal?" Ashido asked, "she's kind, pretty cute, puts up with you and is a good sparring partner. What more could you ask for?"

Bakugou stopped pacing, putting his hands on his waist as he looked down at his feet.

"She's perfect, that's the problem." Bakugou whispered. "Why would she like me when she could like someone who's nicer to her? She's too good for me."

Ashido smirked, standing up and brushing the dirt from her clothes.

"Then be better, Bakugou."

He snapped his eyes to Ashido as she waved him off, dumbfounded at her words.

If there was one thing Katsuki Bakugou was good at, it was being better than other people.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗