FIFTEEN: HEARTBREAK

Sieun phone rang and he picked it up while he was studying after seeing it was his sister.

"hello?" he answered.

"hey, have you seen Sooho today?" she asked and the boy stopped writing in confusion.

"yeah, he came to the apartment today, he said he was searching for you because you didn't answer his calls." Sieun replied.

"he... I think Sooho found out about that day..." she whispered.

"what?" the boy quickly replied.

"He came to me, saying he was sorry it happened because of him and then he left, I felt something was wrong so I went to his part-time job to search for him but they said he didn't come and he is not answering my calls..." she explained, worry starting to fill her up. "did he tell you anything weird? do you think... he went to meet Oh Bumseok by himself?"

"I'll try to reach him, come home now Hyejin" her brother whispered and ended the call.

The girl looked at her phone shoving it inside her pocket and she brushed her hands over her face trying to calm down, she felt like crying but she didn't want her brother to worry and she surely didn't want to go home without knowing Sooho was safe, he would search for him all night if it was necessary, she kept calling his phone over and over again and she didn't stop searching around places trying desperately to find him, she found herself at the abandoned building of the trap and soon Sieun ran inside too.

"Sieun..." the girl said as soon as she saw him. "he is not here... and he is still not answering my calls, just where the fuck is he?"

Sieun took out his phone again while trying to catch his breath for the run and tried calling Sooho phone again, but again no one answered.

"we should go home and continue tomorrow after the final tests..." Sieun whispered and looked up at his sister.

"I don't care about fucking tests, I need to find him." she said as tears ran down her cheeks. "you go home, I'll keep searching."

THE NEXT DAY

The girl phone rang and she answered not knowing who the number was, she stopped walking.

"hello, this is the hospital, are we talking with Yeon Hyejin?" a man from the other side said and her heart stopped for a second.

"yeah it's me, what happened?" she quickly asked.

"we are calling for patient Ahn Sooho, who is severely injured..." and the doctor kept talking but the girl couldn't hear a single more word.

Her vision went blurry and she ended the call as tears ran down her eyes, she leaned on the railing next to her feeling her legs would abandon her and she kneeled down pressing her phone on her chest, a sob escaped her lips but she tried to control her tears as she quickly stood up and started running in the hospital direction.
When she arrived she asked a receptionist for the room number and quickly ran up the stairs, she didn't even knock, she just opened the door, her brother was already there as tears stormed down his eyes, his grandma was there and Sooho was laying on the bed, his eyes closed, she hoped with all her heart that was a prank and he would wake up with one of his stupid jokes.

"Sooho..." she whispered and the two others in the room darted their eyes to her.

"you must be Hyejin, Sooho was always talking about a pretty girl that he liked a lot, I can tell it's you..." the old woman spoke softly.

Sieun was quick to catch her when she broke down right after these words, loud sobs escaped her lips and tears wouldn't stop as she looked at the boy on the bed, her brother tried to hug her tightly and give her comfort somehow, they both had lost a person that was a bestfriend and a loved one and they didn't know if he would ever wake up.

"why did you go..." she cried and the old woman tried not to cry too infront of the heartbroken girl.

HOURS LATER

the sky was already dark but the twins had refused to leave and they insisted to the grandma that they would take care of Sooho during the night, the two were sat on the couch inside the room while silently looking at their friend, the beeping of the machine was the only thing you could hear in the room.

"you should return to school..." the girl whispered. "you have the exams... I'll stay here with him, you can go..."

"try getting some rest too..." the boy whispered back and he got up, he gave a quick look to his sister and then left.

the girl stood up too walking to the bed and she slowly caressed the sleeping boy hair, some other tears escaped her eyes but she was quick to wipe them.

"you're gonna be okay..." she whispered kissing his forehead. "please wake up soon... you promised you were coming back..."

She caressed him a bit more and then she went to lay down on the couch, she closed her eyes and decided to try and rest like her brother suggested.