FIVE: FIGHT

It was her turn to clean the classroom today so she stayed back with some classmates sending her brother to cram school by himself.

"I'm so tired, let's hurry." the class was full of people talking and laughing while cleaning.

a sudden scream made them all turn around in Sooho direction, he probably had a dream and woke up like that, she almost laughed out at his reaction but tried to keep it in as he looked at her still tired.

"what? is school over?" he asked noticing they were cleaning.

"yeah, a while ago." she answered and he sighed.

"I feel so damn lonely and upset, no one bothered to wake me up?" he questioned faking being offended and she chuckled.

"you told us not to wake you up, also do you really think someone would dare doing that?" she started cleaning again moving her focus away from him.

"yeah, you." he replied. "wake me up in ten minutes." and with that he got back to sleep on his desk.

When they finished she sighed noticing he was still sleeping and sat down on the desk infront of him contemplating if she should wake him up or not yet, he always looked so tired and was sleeping at school because of him finishing his partime job late, maybe she should give him some other minutes? she put on one headphone and focused on her music leaning with her back against the wall next to the chair.
It was peaceful until Bumseok came running inside the classroom and she watched in confusion as he was trying to wake Sooho up hurriedly.

"Ahn Sooho" he whispered and she took out her headphone smacking Sooho head who instantly woke up.

"what..." he almost cursed but sighed when he noticed it was the girl, so he tried to wake himself up and his eyes traveled up to Bumseok.

"Jeon Yeongbin dragged Yeon Sieun away!" he quickly said and the girl eyes widened.

"what?! my brother?!" she stood up and Bumseok understood just now they were siblings.

"so what?" Sooho replied still tired and her eyes darted to him.

"help him, you should help him, you used to do martial arts or something." Bumseok pleaded as she tried to focus on the situation and not get angry.

"I'm not that close to him though, I need to go to my part-time job." he hummed getting up and taking his jacket and bag.

"I'll go without you, I have no time for your bullshit." Hyejin let out and he darted his eyes to her looking at how she quickly ran out.

"you're not letting her go there alone right? they looked like gangsters!" the boy with the glasses worriedly said.

Sooho stayed silent for a bit thinking about what to do, then he shook his head. "I have work to do." he was about to leave but stopped at the boy next words.

"I'll pay you, double it!" and with that he was convinced.

They went on his motorcycle and started driving around searching for the group and they noticed the girl running towards an hallway, they stopped and got down, Sooho quickly followed her until they both saw the group.
They split up, Sooho jumped on the two that were keeping her brother still and she ran at another one that was coming at them, she rounded a kick on his chest making him fall back and then she quickly turned around to her brother and the other boy.

"are you okay?" Sooho asked helping Sieun up, his breath still heavy. "this ends here, got it?" he questioned looking at the group.

The three were about to walk away but she could feel steps behind her and was quick to move along with Sooho dodging a punch, that man looked familiar, wasn't he the drug dealer boss or something? she remembered him.
she watched as he charged at Sooho putting him down first but he was quick to stand up, she ran at him too jumping on his back and putting an arm around his neck but her back hit a wall hard and she fell down, Sooho charged at him again punching him and kicking him but his leg was blocked and he ended up on the floor again, a round of punches landed on him but he protected his head with his arms.

"fuck..." the girl stood up even if her back was burning and she ran at them kicking him away from the boy on the ground with all the force she had.

Sooho quickly stood up shielding the girl when the man charged at her and he blocked a punch, he rounded the man starting to choke him from behind and he kicked him on the ground still holding tight onto his neck to keep him still, but he noticed they were beating Sieun up again and one of them picked up a bottle.

"hey!" he yelled out getting the attention of the girl and she followed his gaze.

Sooho tried to ran to protect Sieun but that man wouldn't leave him alone so she did it instead, Bumseok appeared just in time to push Yeongbin away from the boy on the ground.

"good job." Sooho breathed out getting up since everyone had stopped fighting. "aren't you ashamed to gang up on someone? if I were you I'd be humiliated to death."

The girl sighed in relief leaning on a wall hissing at the burning on her back and she watched them trying to calm down.

"what are you doing?" Yeongbin said noticing his cousin walking away.

"I guess your cousin is embarrassed." she let out laughing a bit but her skin burned more making her instantly stop.

"Jeon Yeongbin, it's better if you stop it." Sieun sighed looking at the boy.

"well, let's go." Sooho said waving an hand and his eyes  traveled to the girl. "can you walk?" he asked and she nodded backing away from the wall to follow them slowly.

"Hyejin, are you okay?" Sieun worriedly asked when she noticed the way she was walking.

"yeah it's nothing, how is your hand?" she questioned taking his hand to check but he quickly retrieved it.

"let's go eat, I know a delicious place." Sooho let out gaining their attention.

"you seriously can think about food now?" she asked and sighed.

AT THE RESTAURANT

the three walked in first and Sooho followed talking to the lady behind the counter, was it the place where he works? they all quickly gave him a confused look, why did he bring them there?

"I'm late for my partime job because of you, so help out." he said and the girl scoffed.

in the end they really did end up helping, cleaning, cooking or serving, she was trying to not show her injury was actually bad, it was even hard for her to stand up straight but it seemed like no one noticed fortunately, the old woman could only compliment her on how good she was with customers.
Fortunately the time passed quickly and it was now time to eat for them, she stayed silent watching the three talk and that thing didn't go unnoticed by Sooho that kept eyeing her to see if she was eating.

"I'm really sorry for what happened the test day..." Bumseok let out gaining their attention. "I really didn't know what it was.."

"I know, it's okay." Sieun replied nodding.

then the strange way Sooho was eating caught their attention back and she let out a small smile looking at him with his mouth full while Bumseok questioned if it really was good that way and he tried too approving.

"you two are idiots." she whispered smiling and the two laughed back at her.

They laughed more when Sooho forced her brother to eat one of those things too and she refused when they offered one to her too, she took her drink taking a sip while slightly laughing with them.
After they ate they stood up cleaning their things and she almost jumped when she turned around and Sooho was there looking at her.

"where does it hurt?" he asked.

"what are you talking about?" she looked away trying to sound sincere.

"Hyejin, seriously." he said and she sighed turning around and lifting her shirt a bit to show a big bruise on her back.

"it's nothing." she said quickly pushing her shirt back down.

"it's bad actually, you should immediately put ice on it and you shouldn't have worked." he scolded. "why didn't you tell me?"

"why do you care now? you don't help strangers right?" she scoffed going back to clean the kitchen but he grabbed her arm turning her around.

"because you got hurt trying to protect me." he said and she set herself free from his grip.

"I'm okay." she pushed past him and he sighed brushing his hands over his face.