TWELVE: HURT

The next day at school Bumseok seemed even more friendly with the dogs, he even smelled of smoke not only of alcohol now, he seriously seemed out of his mind.
Sieun watched him take his things from his desk and walk so sit down in the back with them, his confusion grew as he looked back at him laugh and talk about shit with them, he gave a quick look to his sister who had a disgusted expression and Sooho who was sleeping next to her not minding them at all.

"Sooho it's break time." she whispered to his ear when the bell rang, she watched some classmates get out like usually and Sieun did too but she didn't mind it, her eyes traveled back to the sleeping boy.

"mmh? what?" he mutter still sleepy and he only opened one eye to look at her.

"it's break time, I'm gonna grab something to the venting machines, do you want something?" she asked giving him a small smile.

"can you buy that drink you had given me that one time? remember it?" he asked and she nodded, she was about to walk out. "Hyejin-ah" he called and she stopped to look at him.

the boy threw his wallet to her signaling her to pay with his money and then he watched her walk out, he sat up straight opening both his eyes with a small yawn, a girl walked up to him and he gave her a confused look.

"are you dating Yeon Hyejin?" she hesitantly asked.

"why?" he questioned.

"well a lot of girls like you in the school, and they all wanted to know..." she whispered.

"then yeah, tell them I'm dating Hyejin, go head." he said.

the girl ran back inside the classroom, that made the boy quickly get up without questioning and he followed her out, she walked where her brother was talking with the dogs and they stayed behind the wall listening to the conversation, she placed the drink in his hands anyway and he gave her a surprised look, soon Sieun walked up to them qnd he slightly widened his eyes noticing them there.

"let's go eat." Sooho simply said, the three walked together in the cafeteria putting themselves in line to get the trays and food. "don't worry about Bumseok, you have done enough."

"I think Bumseok is behaving this way because he is lonely." Sieun whispered. "I don't know for sure, but that's my guess."

The three stopped talking when the group of dogs walked in the cafeteria and infront of all the people that were waiting in line for the food, they did it like they owned the place, and all the people in line started complaining but no one dared to speak up, no one but Sooho.

"yah." he said and the girl already cursed under her breath. "what are you guys doing? there is a line."

one of them just sighed not daring to talk back and Sooho walked closer to him, he grabbed his shoulder and shoved the boy on the ground making everyone yell out in surprise.

"get in the line." he ordered, the group quickly did what he said but Bumseok didn't move.

He walked closer to him and then turned around to look at the twins, Sieun stayed still but the girl shook her head at him, he could see the worry in her eyes, so he decided to try and take things calmly as he turned around and sighed looking at the boy infront of him.

"I don't get it..." he whispered and then looked straight in his eyes. "get in the line, Bumseok."

"I don't want to." Bumseok answered.

Sooho let out a small scoff nodding to himself, he gave a last look to the girl and then grabbed Bumseok throwing him against a table making him fall on the ground, she widened her eyes and everyone yelled in surprise again.

"stop it." Sieun walked up to him grabbing his arm but Sooho shoved his hand away.

his breath was heavy, he was trying to control his anger while Bumseok stood up slowly turning towards them, the two looked at each others in silence and then their now ex-friend walked away with his group.

"fuck." he cursed under his breath and walked away too.

Sieun gave his sister a nod and she followed the boy in the corridor, she watched as he punched the wall and then slid down against it coving his face with his hands, his breath was still heavy.
She kneeled infront of him and took his hands off his face, their eyes locked.

"it's not your fault, we can't do anything..." she whispered.

"I know, I just... don't understand the reason, and I hate it... and I did that infront of everyone like a punk." he let out.

"you're not a punk, you're angry and I understand that, I'm angry too." she replied caressing his hands. "now calm down, everything will be fine... okay?" she said placing her hands on his checks.

"yeah..." he sighed still looking at her and she gave him a quick peck on the lips which he reciprocated.

She got up giving her hand to him and he accepted it standing up too and walking with her back in the cafeteria to eat.

11PM

Her phone rang and the girl opened her eyes sitting up on her bed, she looked at the time and then took her phone, she quickly answered noticing it was Sooho.

"Sooho?" she questioned still sleepy.

"I need you..." he whispered and it was like she was not tired anymore.

"where are you? what happened?" she worriedly asked getting out of bed and putting on some random clothes, not even leaving her phone for a second.

"I just got home, I'll tell you when you come here... don't tell anything to Sieun yet." he said.

"I'm coming." she answered ending the call.

the girl ran out her room and to the door quickly putting on her shoes, Sieun got out his room in confusion but he didn't have time to ask, the girl was already outside the door.
Worry filled her as she ran the faster she could to the boy apartment, she literally wore random clothes, no make up and her hair were messy since she was sleeping before the call.
When she arrived at his apartment she quickly rang the doorbell and when he opened the first thing she noticed was his leg wrapped up in a medical thing.

"what happened?" she asked in worry going inside and taking off her shoes, he closed the door and slowly walked back to his couch sitting down and putting the ice back on his leg.

"he did it." he said and the girl gave him a confused look. "Bumseok, he cut the brakes of my bike, I almost fucking died."

"what?!" she let out quickly walking next to him, she kneeled down next to the couch checking on his leg and sighed in relief. "it's nothing serious, you're gonna be okay in a few days... it's good that you went to the hospital, this thing they put on will help you walk atleast..."

he watched as she carefully placed the ice back on his leg and he groaned a bit feeling it burn against his skin, her eyes darted up to him and then she stood up.

"let's go, you should sleep..." she said grabbing his arm and putting hit around her shoulders.

He stood up leaning on her for a better support and she helped him walk to his room, he placed him on the bed and covered him with the blankets so he would stay warm, she was about to stand up but he grabbed her wrist.

"stay." he whispered.

"are you sure?" she said and he nodded closing his eyes.

the girl took out her phone sending at text to her brother lying about why she was going to stay at Sooho house, then she placed her things on his nightstand and went to lay next to him.
The boy put an arm around her and made her place her head on his chest, he sighed in relief relaxing.

"sorry If I woke you up that way..." he whispered.

"you scared me..." she replied.

"I'm happy you're here." he let out a small smile and soon the two fell asleep together.