Sea of Rust: Part 1

Can you hear me? Please...I need you to hear me. There's so much I need to tell you but there's so little time. Both for myself and for all of you.

There's too much at stake and I can't do this by myself, Drift. Please. I need you.

Even if you can only hear part of what I'm saying, you need to find the ancient temple. It's beyond the sea of rust...

Drift...

Drift...?

....Drift....

Drift jolted awake from recharge, his optics meeting a dark nearly pitch black room as he laid there his sleep deprived processor trying to catch up with what he had just dreamed about. His room was only the bare basics of what he needed; a berth, a window and a place where he could keep his swords. It was a fixed up room back on Cybertron in a building that was semi-restored so he and all those on the Lost Light could sleep while planet side. Though being an officer he didn't have to bunk with anyone but his room was also right next to Hot Rod and right across from Ultra Magnus and Skyfire. He lifts a servo up and covers his optics, checking his internal clock for the time. The speedster groans quietly to himself as he reads the time.

3:23am.

The red and white colored mech rolls onto his side and looks out the window and out over the destruction that had been left behind in the war.

War... I've only ever heard about it but I can see what it's done. This was supposed to be where I was born. Not Ka-Tire. The thoughts were quiet, a whisper almost. He and his best friend Hot Rod had been born long after the war that destroyed Cybertron was over. There were a few mechs and femmes on the Lost Light that were from those times but they didn't speak much about it. And clearly no one had returned to try and restore this broken planet. There's really not a whole lot left to salvage. All the Energon is dried up or gone to waste. Drift takes a moment to let his thoughts wander before he drags himself up out of the berth into a sitting position on the edge of it, never looking away from the scenery outside. He knows he should still be in recharge, since in an hour and a half he, Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus had to go out scouting when the light of the sun is just starting to peak. They're only leaving so early because they'll be gone all day from the others and need to make the most out of the little time they have on this world before they move on.

Drift ran one of his servos down his face as he exvents slowly, hunching over tiredly with one arm draped across his lap. He was exhausted but he couldn't do much about it. He's been getting hardly any rest and he hasn't been able to hold down his energon when Hot Rod would want to eat with him. It was either really strange dreams or it was like someone was trying to talk to him and this night was the worst. At about 9:20pm he had tried to recharge but that voice...three times tonight he woke up from that same dream.

But this time it sounded so much more clear. He could hear most of what was said but it was hard to make out the words, like he was underwater and they were softly talking. Something about the sea of rust, he was certain. And speaking of, there was something about time as well.

Drift lowers his hand from his face and looks over to his great sword that was innocently leaning against the wall by the rack holding his two katanas and the gem on it softly glowed. Looking at the glowing gem he got a sense of foreboding and heaviness and he stands up and takes careful and quiet steps over to it. He walked quietly because these rooms weren't soundproof and easily echoed, and having a room right next to a heavy sleeper while also surrounded by light sleepers in this corridor of officers...well, it wasn't such a pleasant time. For anyone. He reaches his great sword and takes it in hand by the handle, feeling that familiar comforting warmth for a moment as he holds it close, soothing those feelings of foreboding and heaviness. The crew may question his beliefs, may question the validity of whether or not the sword he is holding is actually alive but Drift believed in it. He had faith.