The Long Night

Springer sprinted down the halls of the Lost Light, not caring if he woke anyone up as he paved a way to Red Alert's office, expression one of disbelieving anger as he skidded to a halt in front of the door. He slams his servo down onto the number pad, using his temporary status to override the usual code inputs and storms into the room. One wall was covered in screens and one long console while the other side of the room held other various machinery that controlled certain parts of the large ship and the yellow and green triple changers' optics land on the vibrant red Cybertronian sitting in front of the monitors. "Red!"

Red Alert startles at the loud pissed voice of the current captain and he swivels the chair he was in to look at Springer. "Springer. What's the matter?" He asked worriedly, genuine in the emotion as he was confused about why Springer of all mechs would come storming into his space so late at night.

"Where is Skyfire?!" Springer asked loudly though he did reel in his anger at the security director. "I thought you knew?" Red Alert asked, optics blinking rapidly as Springer seemed to stand straighter. "Knew what? I wasn't told anything. Now, since you were the last one to have seen him answer me this, where is the Aerial Commander?" The temp captain's voice was low with warning as he repeated his question and he watched as Red Alert started to think about his last encounter with the shuttle-former. "He told me he had your permission to go out and look for the missing commanders and captain." The red colored Cybertronian replied after a moment and it was his turn to watch as various emotions washed over Springer's faceplates. Skyfire left without letting anyone, without letting ME, know. Springer thought to himself. "Which direction did he go in?" 

"I don't think-"
"Red Alert, I am not asking as a crew, I am asking as acting captain."

Red Alert's lip plates thinned before he shakes his helm. "I would tell you if I could but he left before I could start tracking his location. Even if I could, our trackers and monitors have been acting up all day." The security director replied and watched as the current captain of the Lost Light slammed a fist into the wall near the door, leaving a slight dent. "I know you're worried, Primus knows I am too, but without a way to track him or them I can't give you their coordinates." Came the soft words from Red Alert. Springer's shoulders slumped as he lowered his helm with defeat and a scowl on his face. It didn't feel right to him to just leave them out there all night, to turn his back on his friends who he knew by now deep in his spark needed his help. Needed someone's help. Otherwise they will be eaten alive.

He refuses to believe they might have perished out there. Springer would not allow himself or the crew or anyone else to think for even a moment that Hot Rod, Drift and Ultra Magnus were all offlined. They were made of stronger stuff than that, they could handle their own. "Let me know immediately if you can get anything through, or if they come back to the Lost Light tonight." Springer stated with a look to Red Alert who nods. "I will."

---

Ultra Magnus carefully stretched his legs out in a near painfully slow movement. He had readjusted Hot Rod an hour ago so his back struts wouldn't lock up while he was unconscious. Drift had also sprawled out more while recharging, his helm now resting atop Ultra Magnus' thighs and an arm slung carefully over Hot Rod. If Ultra Magnus was anyone else he would have called the sight cute. As it was, he wasn't anyone else and he was rather indifferent to the sight as the commander rolled a shoulder to loosen some of his tense and stiff wiring. He checks his internal clock and frowns a bit.

3:33am

They still have three and a half hours before the sun would begin to rise. The primarily blue Cybertronian laid a servo lightly on Drift's shoulder as he heard the screeching cry of one of those things out there and if he raised his audial receptors' volume he could hear the sniffing and harsh panting and he felt his energon go cold. They're near. They sniffed out the energon. Ultra magnus thought as he gently shook the black and white shoulder, trying to get Drift to wake up without starling him and causing a racket. At that moment his comm burst into static, a first since he left the ship to go looking for the two trouble makers. ::-us? Dr....t. Thi....Skyf....:: The voice was broken and the static was giving the commander a processor ache but this was good. It meant that the jammer was destroyed or at least not working properly if he was able to receive a comm from Skyfire now.