The Black Mech: Part 1

The repairs on the Lost Light's engines were extremely slow going. Like painfully slow going. It didn't take a genius to see that the captain of the Lost Light was getting restless staying on this planet for so long. And not a single mech or femme in the crew could blame him for being restless. They've been here for a week already and everyone was tired of being here; but with Ultra Magnus overseeing the lack of use of the back-up engines they were kind of stuck. 

Again, can't really blame him either since they didn't really have the shanix to do full blown professional repairs on the main engines of the ship. They had to do what they could to patch them up to reduce the cost.

But there really wasn't many usable materials left on Cybertron that could be used. They can't exactly use just any scrap metal, not all the metals used in building can handle the roughness of space. They have to find metal strong enough to handle entering and leaving planetary atmospheres and high temperatures from the engines as well. So all their servos were tied in this situation.

Hot Rod makes a sound that one would probably assume means he was suffering as he tapped his pede, knee bouncing as he sat watching the sun in the sky. He was so BORED! Ultra magnus had all but grounded him like some youngling when he 'accidentally' got overcharged last night and made a mess of the rec-room. "Hey, sad spot, there you are." A familiar voice piped up from behind Hot Rod who turns around to look at who spoke and his bored expression immediately turns to one of excitement. "Drift! Oh thank G'al!" The captain jumped to a standing position and throws himself at Drift who readily and easily catches him. "Whoa there!" Even though Drift was bigger than Hot Rod now, having gone through a major growth spurt a couple years ago during their first voyage out into space, Hot Rod was still heavy for his size.

"Save me from my boredom! I'm gonna die!" The flame colored mech whined almost pathetically but Drift could never think of him as pathetic. Dramatic? yes. over the top? Oh yeah. But pathetic? That was just an insult and not true at all! "And you want me to do what about the fact you're grounded?" Drift asked, raising an optical ridge curiously. "Play with me, that's what. or we sneak out and go racing! it's been so long since we raced in a big open space. Racing on the Lost Light just isn't the same." Drift had to agree on that last part. It really wasn't the same as when they used to race in big open spaces back on Ka'Tire, their home world. Their planet. It may have been mostly organic but it was still home. They had been born and raised there, it was all they had known. However, back to the request at hand, Drift just gives his best friend a look.

"I don't think we should..."

"Oh come on, just for an hour! I need to burn some rubber and my pistons are getting rusty doing nothing all day." Big blue optics widen and a lower lip plate juts out into a pout and with a look like that, Drift couldn't help but give in.

"Oh, alright. But only for an hour. Otherwise we'll both be grounded and unable to even leave our rooms to do anything fun." Drift conceded with a heavy exvent and a sense of foreboding settling in his spark. Hot Rod is such a bad influence on me. The white and red mech thought to himself as he watches his captain's faceplates light up with joy. But anything to make him happy. Hot Rod grins widely and grabs hold of Drift's wrist, a familiar action from years of Hot Rod just grabbing him and dragging him along to do whatever. This time, though, they would be breaking one of Ultra Magnus' rules; No racing. Especially out of sight of any officer or crew member.

The third in command of the Lost Light allows himself to be dragged out of the area that Hot Rod had been told to stay in and it feels just like when they were younglings again sneaking out into the woods at night without Hot Rod's parents' permission and it set alight that old spark of rebellion in Drift's chassis.