Memories: Part 2

"Happy creation day you two!" A femme of white and orange exclaimed with a big happy smile on her slightly aged looking faceplates. In her black colored servos were two little boxes and she handed them out to both younglings who happily and readily accepted them. "Congratulations on reaching 500 years, both of you." A mech said, walking into the room holding a tray of energon goodies. His coloration was maroon and deep grey with brightly colored red optics. He had a bit of a harsher set of faceplates that were scarred up a bit but he was looking at the two with such a caring look. On his chest plates was a faded purple insignia that the two younglings couldn't make out but they were too distracted by the large tray of goodies to really care.

"G'al! Are those rust sticks?!" Hot Rod asked loudly, practically salivating over them already. Drift laughs at this and playfully shoves at his fellow youngling. The femme, who was Hot Rod's Carrier, just gives the two younglings a look. "Don't fight you two, there's plenty to go around. After all, the biggest treats aren't even out yet young mechs. And later we're going to be playing games and getting you both your first upgrades so you can get your first vehicle mode!" Cheering greeted her words and the Sire just rolls his optics affectionately at this. She just kisses his cheek and lets him set the tray down on the table in front of the two younglings. 

"Sire! What alt mode do you think I'll get?!" Hot Rod asked loudly and excitedly, big blue optics looking curious as ever. His Sire just laughs and shakes his head replying with, "I don't know, you don't have your upgrades yet." Hot Rod groaned loudly in disappointment. "Awwww, Sire!"

"You're going to just have to wait until later today to get your upgrades to find out what your alt will look like." The gruff mech replied steadily, not moved at all by the kicked turbopuppy look his youngling was giving him.

---

"Hey Drift, what do you want to work as when you get your next frame?" Hot Rod asked curiously, looking at his best friend who was sitting beside him. "I don't know. I've never really thought about it honestly." Drift replied honestly, snagging an energon goody out of Hot Rod's servos and eating it before his best friend could take it back. Though it didn't matter, seeing as the flame colored mech was thinking hard on something. Drift's own bright cyan colored optics looked up at the other mech who was standing, looking out over the cliffside to watch the sunrise. "What if we did everything together?"

"Huh?" The swordsmech in training looked confused at this question. "That's a dumb question Roddy. We already do everything together." Hot Rod exvents hard and rubs the back of his neck cables with a single golden servo. "No I...well, yeah we do but not everything everything. Like, what if we did the Amica Endura ritual?"

Drift did a literal spit-take at this, spilling energon down his front as he looked at Hot Rod with wide optics and shock. "Amica Endura?! Hot Rod that isn't something to joke about!"

"But I'm not joking." The red and yellow mech replied, tearing his gaze away from the sunset to look down at Drift whose legs were dangling off the edge casually. "Hot Rod..." The younger mech said softly, just barely to be heard as warmth bloomed in his chassis. It was...hearing something like that from someone else...to go through the Amica Endura ritual, a thing that was sacred even before the Ka'Tire colony was formed, was a rare thing to happen. Both parties had to be ABSOLUTELY sure and devoted to each other for it to work. And if it did then they would be glued to each other for as long as they lived. If they were so completely devoted to each other, so completely tied up in each other, then even in and after death they would be the best of friends forever. In the literal taking of that saying. "Hot Rod you don't....why me? You have so many other friends you could do that with. Why me?" Drift asked quietly, unsurely and just like when they were younger. Hot Rod's serious expression morphed into something gentler and more calming and it set the sitting mech at ease.