Recovery: Part 1

In the morning Drift woke up to the sound of the medbay door opening and closing, the sounds of walking getting closer to his berth and he opens his optics and turns his helm. He sees FirstAid and even though the small kind medic had a visor and mask combo on covering his faceplates Drift got the impression that he was smiling. "Good morning Drift. Well, good afternoon I should say. You were in deep recharge for quite a while and when you woke up last night and immediately went back into recharge I didn't have the spark to wake you back up just to give you a quick medical examination." FirstAid said as he stops next to Drift, looking over the different monitors and wiring connected to the swordsmech as he jotted down notes dutifully. "What happened?" Drift asked quietly, vocalizer glitching slightly from disuse, making him confused about how long he could have possibly been out for his vocalizer to be glitchy. "Skyfire saved your life over three weeks ago and you and the captain have been unconscious since. Hot Rod hasn't woken up at all yet, you're the first one to do so. However two days ago Skyfire was discharged from the medbay and put on light duty only until he is fully recovered." The red and white blue visored medic explained as he begins to readjust some things for Drift. 

"How...how badly was he hurt? And is Hot Rod going to be okay? He's not... he's not going to be crippled right?" Worry was gripping his spark tightly as he wondered about his best friend.

FirstAid looks at Drift when the mech asks these questions and for a moment he debates before he decides to just tell him, "Skyfire's injuries were quite extensive and he was in and out of the danger zone a few times, same as the captain. However they both made it out of it and are in no threat of offlining now, captain Hot Rod won't be crippled either Drift. I would never allow one of my patients to be in such a state if I can do anything to prevent it." The swordsmech lets out a relieved heavy exvent, sagging against the medical berth as the back of his helm hits the berth with a dull thud. "That's a huge relief..." Drift murmured mostly to himself and FirstAid chuckles softly at this as he transforms one of his servos into a scanner and begins doing a full body scan. "I can tell that it is, Drift. Anyway, it looks like you're making a swift and clean recovery."

Drift goes to sit up but FirstAid gently pushes him back down onto the flat surface before the injured Cybertronian could lift more than three inches off the medical berth. "Hey, stay down you're still severely injured and I haven't given you the OK to move off this berth." The medic scolded gently but also firmly, Drift sighing and pouting a little. He had hoped to at least sit up so he could stretch his limbs. FirstAid seems to brighten up at the obedience from Drift as he turns and shifts through one of the very neat organized piles of different supplements and medicines, none of which Drift could tell looked like they were for serious injuries but he couldn't tell, he wasn't a medic and he didn't learn what the different types did. FirstAid had millennia of experience under his plating and learned from Ratchet.

"When do you think Roddy will wake up?" Drift asked, optics drifting over to his prone Amica who had a spark monitor hooked up to him that was beeping steadily and strongly which helped Drift with his worry. He's okay. He's going to be okay, FirstAid is the best medic there is. FirstAid wouldn't let Hot Rod offline... Drift tried to convince himself that Hot Rod wasn't going to suddenly flatline on him as he watched his best friends' slowly moving chassis. "Probably within the next week or so." FirstAid replied as he found the small bottle he was looking for as he screws off the cap and picks up a syringe, beginning to slowly fill the small syringe making sure to calculate how much he needed for Drift. "I had to put him under medical stasis because his wound was dire. He was nearly cleaved in half, I'm surprised he managed to last for as long as he did with only a basic barebone first aid medical job from a non-professional." Drift's optics widen at this and quickly turns his helm to look up at FirstAid who was making sure there weren't any bubbles and finally turns to look back at Drift. "W...what? Cleaved in half?!" The swordsmech nearly shouted as he tries to quickly sit up yet FirstAid quickly pushes him back down before Drift could do anything more. "Calm down, commander. He will live, he's just healing right now. And yes, I will tell you that he he was almost cut in half. Even so your Amica is strong, he has such a strong will to live that he defied logic and survived. Do not worry for him now, he's going to be okay and when he wakes up he will be the loud happy captain we all know and love." The primarily red medic said softly, hoping it will ease Drift's worries.