Recovery: Part 2

FirstAid wasn't sure how to feel when he found that Drift had moved his medical berth. Oh he wasn't miffed about Drift wanting to be close to his Amica, FirstAid knew all to well the emotional damage separation could cause - especially after such a harrowing experience so the medic wasn't going to begrudge the obvious need for comfort and reassurance. After all, FirstAid lost his own Amica here on Cybertron a long time ago when they went their separate ways - his Amica with Optimus Prime off world and into deep space while he himself went off with another group. The medic hasn't seen his Amica since that day they parted on the platform and it's been so long since FirstAid has seen his best friend for all he knew they were dead. He's come to terms with that. Besides, Drift and Hot Rod have such a deep bond and have had it since even before they performed the Amica Endura that FirstAid is pretty sure that their bond will last lifetimes. With a small smile on his hidden faceplates the kindly little medic walked up to Drift who was wrapped around the Lost Light's captain like the red and yellow speedster was a youngling toy. It was a sweet sight in his opinion and one that isn't often seen since the two would rather cause chaos aboard the ship than to spend it cuddling and pawing at each other like lovesick mechs. 

Sometimes the medic was envious of how close Drift and Hot Rod were, how they shared everything and could just...express themselves. FirstAid couldn't do that, so he hides his face behind his visor and mask. He stopped crying over being rejected many years ago and he knew some of the crew questioned him and his abilities, talking bad about him behind his back but that was okay he could take it. He had Pharma and Ambulon, they weren't real close to him but they were friends and the only ones he felt like he could show just a bit more of himself than what he shows to the rest of the crew.

FirstAid does his usual routine of making sure Hot Rod was recovering ok and that he didn't need any more repairs before he turns his attention and examinations onto Drift who hasn't budged an inch since, the medic smiling as he found nothing wrong nor did Drift need any more pain medication as the third in command looked like he was recharging peacefully. Quietly as he could FirstAid left the room since everything was alright and his two patients were healing and recovering nicely.

He had only just entered his office when he got a vide chat request on the computer that was sitting on his desk. The medic noted that it was from Ultra Magnus so he accepted and on his screen popped up video feed of the now currently acting captain with Springer acting as S.I.C until things went back to normal after Drift and Hot Rod fully recovered. Though they haven't found an acting T.I.C yet but that was alright since Drift will be ready for light duty within another week or two depending on if he strains himself in the medical ward. "Good afternoon Ultra Magnus." FirstAid greeted kindly and the acting captain nods his helm. "Same to you. How are Hot Rod and Drift?"

"Hot Rod woke up for all of a few minutes half an hour ago but went right back into recharge after Drift started to snuggle him. Drift will be able to preform light duty within a week." The red and white medic replied. "I will hand in the full medical report at the end of the day, possibly tomorrow afternoon if Hot Rod takes a turn for the worst suddenly between now and then." Ultra Magnus listened intently and dutifully to FirstAid's brief update about the hospitalized mechs. "It is good that they're making such good recovery. With the extent of their injuries I was admittedly worried that it would be a slow process." Ultra Magnus commented, a bare hint of relief in his tone as he shuffles some datapads off screen and FirstAid doesn't say anything about it knowing that the Second in Command of the Lost Light didn't admit to worry often. Or hardly at all really if given the option, he was just like that - preferring his more stern approach to topics regarding feelings and such. It was his way of showing that he cares. Everyone on the ship knew that and so didn't take it to spark, even making it a bit of a light joke to tease the poor S.I.C.