The Black Mech: Part 2

Hot Rod rolls over onto his back to look up into the glowing orange optics of the ambusher with a sneer on his face. I won't show him fear. No fear. He thought as he saw that red energon axe slowly go up and above the Cybertronain's helm and he saw out of the corner of his broken optic that Drift had managed to get himself out of the rubble and Hot Rod was relieved to see that he was okay aside from some minor injuries from the crash. His attention was brought back to the behemoth sized mech and fear gripped his spark as he saw the axe coming down towards his helm.

"HOT ROD!!"

And suddenly a blue and red truck sped into his field of vision and transformed into the root mode of Ultra Magnus who body slams hard into the attackers' side, knocking him away from Hot Rod who had been moments from offlining and joining G'al or Primus in the afterlife. I really need to pick which deity to use in reference... the small flame colored mech thought distantly to himself.

Drift saw with his own optics that the commander had saved Hot Rod's life and he nearly cried out in relief, spark feeling like it was going to explode with relief. Thank you primus for this miracle. The swordsmech thought as he pushed himself completely out of the rubble he had been temporarily trapped under and without a thought to his injuries he unsheathes his Great Sword and the gem on it glows and he feels rejuvenated to join back in on the fight and with a burst of speed on light pedes, he was like a white blur as he leapt over Ultra Magnus and onto the black mech's shoulders. Drift wastes no time in digging his blade in between the shoulder plates as he huge Cybertronian roared with anger and began thrashing trying to throw him off as Ultra Magnus transforms his hands into blasters and begins to fire at the behemoth of a mech. But with a mighty roar Drift was thrown off with a startled grunt as he lands on his aft onto the ground, his blade still in the back of the mech as the berserker swung that energon axe wildly not really aiming.

"Magnus, look out!" Drift cried out with alarm as he saw that the wildly swung axe was about to hit the commander and he quickly scrambles to a standing position and throws himself into the path of the axe and he felt the hot burning blade dig into the upper half of his chassis, along with the loss of an arm. His vocalizer glitched and whited out from the scream as he was knocked back into Ultra Magnus who quickly rooted himself in place and caught him, a servo quickly going to rest over the gash. "Drift! Drift you idiot I could have taken the blow!" Ultra magnus scolded and Drift just shakes his head before pushing himself away from the larger blue mech. "Can...c-can you call for backup? I will d-distract it." Drift unsheathed a katana and ran forward back into the battle, ignoring the cry for him to stop.

Fragging youngling is going to get himself killed! Ultra Magnus thought as he gritted his denta before he lifted a finger to the side of his helm and tried to comm for backup. But all he received was static. Of course I'm not getting a connection. But what in Primus' name could be jamming.... He suddenly froze. Of course! Jamming! How could I be so stupid! Something is jamming our signal to call for help. However, WHAT could be jamming the signal is the question. The second in command thought as his optics quickly began to scan the area, looking for some kind of device.

Unless it wasn't a device and it was coming from the behemoth itself.

Back during the war it hadn't been uncommon for the Decepticons to mutate Cybertronians into something like what Drift was fighting and use them as living devices to jam radar and comm signals so groups of Autobots were completely isolated while leaving the Decepticons able to call all they wanted.

Of course it just has to be a oh so joyous 'relic' from the past. The commander growled low to himself but now there was more worry in his spark. These things were able to take out entire squadrons of Autobots during the war...