Sea of Rust: Part 3

::...and then I said to her, "I'm sorry Miss Insectoid Queen, but Percy can't stay here he needs to come back with us." And she just made this really weird noise and left!:: Hot Rod exclaimed dramatically and Drift makes a sound of acknowledgment. Magnus had long since tuned them out two and a half hours ago, not in the mood to hear his captain retell the bug queen incident to Drift. He was there thank you, and he would much rather not relive it again. Even with Hot Rod's flair for dramatics making it sound more hilarious than it actually was. ::And you said this happened when, exactly?:: Drift asked curiously, wondering when on Ka'Tire's great green dirt pile this event happened. It's not exactly something he remembered being a witness to. ::Oh, it happened while you had left for your spiritual awakening some odd years ago. Let me tell you, she was really into Perceptor. From what Kup told me that race really loved intelligence and Percy is like, THE smartest mech ever!:: Hot Rod replied enthusiastically. If they had been in root mode the smaller mech would have thrown his servos into the air or just waved his arms around dramatically like he always did.

::So he nearly got drugged and married to the organic insect queen?::
::I mean...she wasn't exactly completely organic. I think she had a cybernetic heart.::

As the two talked about Perceptor nearly becoming royalty through unsavory means, Ultra Magnus checked his internal timer to see how much time they had left before they reached the sea of rust and was pleased that they were making good progress. Fifteen minutes to go. I should tell them. The Lost Light's S.I.C thought as he half-heartedly listened to the two young mechs in front of him. ::Alright you two, cut the chatter, we'll be arriving at the sea of rust within fifteen minutes.:: In reply to his update, Hot Rod cheered excitedly while gave a vocal affirmative to let the commander know he heard him.

::So does the sea of rust truly have electrical storms so big they could completely gobble up the Iacon tower?:: Hot Rod asked curiously as he sped up to drive along side Magnus while Drift took up the other side. ::It's true. During the war and even some time after it, the electrical storms could devastate whole cities just from being so powerful. Vortexes charged with so much power that it could power three city-states easily, enough to completely melt a mech within a nano-second.:: Ultra Magnus replied steadily to the curious mech. A part of him was quite thankful that Hot Rod and those born off world had never had to worry about such a thing. ::Did the storms ever reach any of the cities?:: Drift asked this time, also curious but for a different reason. He was worried about if the storms were still an active thing and if they were, would they be in danger of them. ::No, Drift. The storms never left the sea of rust. But it's just one of the many dangers. There are toxic gasses that if inhaled can cause you to rust from the inside out or start melting from the acidic particles. Though if there weren't any vortexes to worry about one would still have to worry about the plasma bolts coming from the clouds above.::

Silence greets his words as they arrive at the edge and all three transform at once and three sets of blue optics look out across the sea of rust.

Drift could feel a heavy sense of sorrow and emptiness suddenly hit him in his spark and his optics slowly slip closed as he felt a tugged at his spark. The faded auras of those who have lost their lives were trying to latch onto him, in pain and lonely and so very sad and angry. He reached out to touch the spirits of those lost trying to soothe their suffering but so much anger, hate, pain, sorrow...it was all nearly too much for him and he reels back in his spiritual essence and opened up his optics, looking out across the rusty wasteland. With his specially trained optics he could see the rusted faded metallic corpses of Cybertronians long since lost. Great ships that once flew in the skies like the Lost Light and the famed Ark, now half buried and wrecked. Rusted. Forgotten and destroyed. The dusty wasteland and the dense clouds above casted an eerie orange-red glow on everything despite being midday and uneasiness settled deep in his spark.